Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • Anyone given up their P since the ”upgrade”?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Tempted. Hardly seems worth it now.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I agree, the forum is a sack of shite compared to what it used to be, but no, I’m quite happy with my P.

Really does need sorting out tho, sooner, rather than later and all that..

kimbers

Was going to but I’ve launched all my toys out of the pram already this week

senorj

Nah.
    I’m keeping the faith to get through the “dark ages”.:-)
    It’s a bit quicker today ,or is that just me ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gave mine up in the Great Log Out Scandal of 2016..(that continues to this day)

I’d say hold the faith.. unless you really need to save the small amount it costs you you may as well hang on in there.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I renewed for the year just before the “upgrade” otherwise I would be considering it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

being a bit of a drama queen there OP.

simondbarnes

I’d buy a P if there was a paypal option. Can’t believe how many moaning cockwombles there are on here.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pfft maybe, not really a protest thing though. Just that I used the forum a fair bit and felt like I should P to support it. Now I don’t use it much at all as the ways I used to browse the forum are broken.

Trimix
    Free Member

P or not, you would still get logged out every bloody day.

Kryton57

I found the MTBR forum is quite good…

StirlingCrispin

Na.

I don’t read the mag but life would be dull without this place.

Keep the faith – and ride on 🙂

oldnpastit

We’ll see. If they fix all the broken stuff I’ll stick with it.

To be fair, it is a little better than it was – seems faster than before (still slow compared to e.g.twitter) and I can now get back to my old posts (far from obvious).

EDIT: and editing works again.

Cougar

Gave mine up in the Great Log Out Scandal of 2016..(that continues to this day)

P or not, you would still get logged out every bloody day.

I was under the impression this was no longer happening post-upgrade.  Is that not the case?

roger_mellie

No, because despite the occasional winge from me, I enjoy the magazine (“there’s a magazine?” etc)

senorj

Cougar – come to think of it , I haven’t had to log in as much lately .
    Hurrah.

atlaz
    Free Member

My credit card expired as did my annual P. I’ve not renewed and won’t until stuff sort of works properly again.

kilo

Seem to still get logged out with annoying regularity even post upgrade

jonnyboi

I’m in credit since grit.cx died on its arse

Teetosugars
    Free Member

As above.. still have to login in on a fairly regular basis.

sadexpunk

nope, not a chance.  the help from a multitude of experts in every subject you could think of, plus the ‘entertainment’ on occasions means its my go to website every day.  the help and advice on here has saved me hundreds over the years and made my life easier so i find it excellent value.

im sure the probs will be sorted out soon, and even if they werent, id still keep my P just as my small way of supporting the site.  i never read the mag, i dont ride that much these days either, so its just the forum for me.  its just a real good community on here and id miss it if it ever disappeared.

dannyh
    Free Member

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #eaeaea;”>Anyone given up their P since the ”upgrade”?”</span>

No, gave mine up in a huff a few years back about a pretty unwarranted ban when a forum clique member went squealing to teacher.

My ‘P’ has boiled over a couple of times actually trying to use this ‘upgraded’ forum, though.

I think the powers that be at STW Towers have just got their fingers in their ears hoping it is all going to go away. Presumably they are now ‘priced-in’ to the ‘upgrade’ and can’t go back. To quote the magnificent John Le Carre:

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span>: Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>Toby Esterhase</span>: I sold a couple once.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span>: The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.</p>

oldnpastit

I can just about make out what you’re saying there through the blizzard of <span> spam.

dannyh
    Free Member

I didn’t even try to do that!

If anything illustrates my point better than that, I don’t know what it could be!

Hopeless. I’m off. Might log in again in a week or so to see if things are at least back to the Stone Age. At least if you write in ochre on a cave wall you know what you are going to end up seeing.

neila

I’ve just got my P back after a 12 month Grit Cx experiment. Moved to Grit Cx as i liked the magazine just as they went digital only, bum. Liking the new Singletrack Mag so I resubscribed.

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds bloody childish thing to do to me. Wait until it’s “fixed” at least. Even then, I still wouldn’t give up the print mag, so no, I’m keeping me P

wwaswas

I’m a lifer.

Top tip: don’t wear your ‘life behind bars’ stw t-shirt when you’re the foreman of a jury delivering the verdict on a rape case.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?</p></span><br style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;” /><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>Toby Esterhase</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: I sold a couple once.</p></span><br style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;” /><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.</p></span>

Some of Le Carré’s finest writing there, verbatim.

andybrad

Not giving up but the formatting is shocking

footflaps

This upgrade does seem to be a classic case of ‘the longest suicide note in history’.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Not totally. But I have gone to digital only and given up on the printed mag.

The new site isn’t too bad but the quote issue is just ridiculous.

squirrelking
    Free Member

wait till it’s fixed?

Oh, you. You crack me up. This is the only forum I know that is more broken after an upgrade than it was before and considering the state it was in that took some doing. But hey, as long as people are stupid enough to fork out money to support this nonsense and then feel superior about it then this is what we can expect.

vongassit
    Free Member

Upgrade? Your taking the P

Northwind

If the forum was permanently like this I might see the point but this is temporary, so no.

The current state of affairs is shite but a) it’s not supposed to be like this and b) It won’t be forever so.

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps the fact that the site is such a shambles suggests STW need our support more<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> than we might have expected?</span>

It’s surprising they’ve left it up like this, and you have to think why would they do that?

spooky_b329

I am really missing the replies bit, I always used to go there to see updates to threads where I had replied.  Also seems a bit rubbish on mobile, some fonts too small, some too big.

I’m not actively avoiding the forum but it feels like I am on here less…

vondally
    Free Member

Yes and no,

Yes the upgrade is, well currently a tad infuriating, the forum has changed not always for the better,  more is the content of the magazine. I have been around a long time so feel a lot is repeated and not interesting me.

No I bought the first edition, I value what STW has done – getting my SO nightriding, for one thing-  I like the forum bought and sold lots it has given me the chance  to try different bikes, I value having a forum where you can go a get some help (and hindrance as well).

I treat the forum like a pub, I can leave when I want.

Nope lifer.

Cougar

I am really missing the replies bit

Click the # link under the posts in Forums / Replied to in your profile.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

“The current state of affairs is shite but a) it’s not supposed to be like this and b) It won’t be forever so.”

I sincerely hope not too. I go on a fishing forum where there may be 3 posts a day & It’s better than what STW has turned into.

Here’s screenshot of what my page looks like…

No toolbar for quotes or anything, no emoji’s. Zilch.

& what’s all this crap?

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?</p></span><br style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;” /><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>Toby Esterhase</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: I sold a couple once.</p></span><br style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;” /><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”><p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0.3em; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; padding: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></span><span class=”character” style=”font-weight: bold;”>George Smiley</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>: The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.</p></span>
    (that’s what I actually see.)

Is it me or just the site?

Drac

What the **** is that?

😲

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘Anyone given up their P since the ”upgrade”?’ is closed to new replies.