Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone getting ITV4 on freeview from the Brierley Hill transmitter?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

My old man isn't enjoying the best of health and one of the few pleasures he enjoys is usually watching the TDF.

ITV in their infinate wisdom now show it on crappy ITV4.

They had a freeview box, which was quite old, so I thought that was the reason it wasn't seeing channel 24 ITV4, so I got them a new box and that doesn't find it either.

So now it could be the arial isn't good enough?

According to UKDigital tv website it's not listed as a channel we can get, but on the Freeview website it is listed and says via text message he should recieve all channels?

Irony is, if it was on any other of ITV's channels he'd be able to watch it, so why they've put it on their most unreliable channel that apparently 400,000 users can't get anyway as the signal is weak, god only knows!!

As it stands I'm going to record one or two of the better stages, ie mountains and the final and get him up to watch them with me.

Really pissed off with all this!!

nickjb
    Free Member

Looks like its a reasonable signal for ITV4:
    http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SO916856

Are you getting other channels in the mux (yesterday, film4, 4music, etc)?

You can should be able to watch it via broadband

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I'll check with them on those channels, they haven't got broadband.

The arial is on the side of the house and is about ten years old!

Cheers

keith

nickjb
    Free Member

If you can get to the aerial easily then an upgrade might be a good idea. I picked up a high gain from B&Q for £20 and signal is loads better.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cheers will look into it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone getting ITV4 on freeview from the Brierley Hill transmitter?’ is closed to new replies.