• This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone from Wigan / Upholland around?
  • nbt

Popping home to see the folks tomorrow and would quite like to take them out for a pub meal somewhere, but as I haven't lived at home for the best part of 15 years I am a tad out of touch. Used to be that the Fox Inn in Roby Mill was good, or the RObin Hood at Orrell Reservoirs, not sure that's still the case though? Can anyone recommend something within a short journey of Kitt Green?

ta

coffeeking
    Free Member

Fox is still really nice, I'd happily still go there.
    Or Blue Elephant (Southport Road, Scarisbrick, nr, Ormskirk L40 8HQ)
    Sorrentos, for more informal/friendly italian, but a bit more packed and noisy (Linky

nbt

Bloody hell, I got my first bike helmet from Sorrentos, a raleigh BMX helmet when it used to be Robinson's motorbike dealers

nbt

Bump for the evening crowd…

markgraylish
    Free Member

A bit further out is the High Moor. Used to go there fairly frequently when I lived in Upholland 3 yrs ago

Gary_C

A bit further out is the High Moor. Used to go there fairly frequently when I lived in Upholland 3 yrs ago

Not exactly local now,eh,Mark….. 😉

markgraylish
    Free Member

Not exactly local now,eh,Mark…..

No, but I'd kill for a bloody decent pint!

Gary_C

Red Truck Ale doesn't cut the mustard then?

markgraylish
    Free Member

Red Truck Ale doesn't cut the mustard then?

Well, it does what it's supposed to do but it ain't Timmy's 😥

nbt

*bumpity bump*

samuri
    Free Member

Got to be the Bottle and Glass in Rainford, great food, nice place. Bit of a drive for you though. Nip down the 58 and then up the bypass.

http://www.pub-explorer.com/merseyside/pub/bottleandglass.htm

nbt

CHEF & BREWER

really? Are you serious?

crezzy

Colliers arms in kings moss or prince William ontop of ashurst becon

nbt

and one last bump for the morning crowd – thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm sure we'll be able to pick something

catfood
    Free Member

Same boat as you re living away but of the ones Ive eaten at in the last year or so when back home the Fox was ok, the Mulberry Tree in Wrightington does good bar food and the Blue Elephant at Gathurst is good for a curry.

nbt

For anyone who still cares, we went ot the FOx and it was great. Lovely pint of Silver Tally from Prospect Brewery in Standish, the food was reasonably priced for a normal sized portion, and more than that was very tasty. I'd recommend it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone from Wigan / Upholland around?’ is closed to new replies.