• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone from the edinburgh area who can suggest something for my stag do?
  • organic355
    Free Member

After hours of internet searching I though I would try STWOOGLE!.

I want something different for my stag in February, something active on the saturday, beers/food in the evening. Not hugely bothered about clubbing but a late bar would be good, maybe even a venture to the P*bic triangle.

Edinburgh seems the best bet as I have chaps coming up from bristol/london/sheffield. I quite fancies that Mabie forest, round house place that someone posted a few weeks ago, but its a 4 hour train journey from Dundee.

So any suggestions?

PS I would be happy with a blast round glentress, but not all of my buddies are into biking. Are there any other activities close to glentress if I were to hire a minibus and heaad down there?

geoffj

Rafting on the Tay – google Nae Limits.
    They also do quads and other stag do type stuff.

hustler
    Free Member

The round house is ace, i've been a few times, but it is usually booked well in advance.

If folk don't like biking u could leave em in the pub in peebles or they can go for a forest walk.

Or how about paintballing – I think the company is bedlam

Laserquest?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kit
    Free Member

A mate (who lives in Edinburgh, as do I) is having a stag do here:

http://www.craigluscar.co.uk/activities.htm

As far from Edinburgh as Peebles if you're considering the minibus route.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Don't go on a biking weekend to glentress and put an 1/8 of pot in some soup between 11 people while watching the tour de france. It is much stronger than it used to be when u were at uni and everyone will be tripping for hours, the groom will go very white and be sick and some people will inexplicably go round the corner and then come back for a bit without good reason.

druidh
    Free Member

allegedly…

rolfharris
    Free Member

Go to the grassmarket and get off your tits and start fights like everyone else?

roundwheels
    Free Member

Go to the grassmarket and get off your tits and start fights like everyone else?
    Then go the pubic triangle

Drac

Go anywhere but Edinburgh really can't get the appeal of it myself been loads of times but I reckon the last trip may be the last.

organic355
    Free Member

So where else would you recommend then if not edinburgh?

kennyp
    Free Member

Glentress would be the obvious answer. If your mates aren't into biking then GT will maybe convert them.

Back in Edinburgh how about skittles in a proper old fashioned skittle alley at the Sheep Heid.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I organised my brother's stag in Ed. We climbed Arthur's Seat and had some beer at the top then went on the underground tour with a bottle of whisky. That was great fun. Then we went to the Jazz Bar place which was really cool, great night out. Was one of the better stag nights I've organised.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive had a couple of great stags in edinburgh

stayed at the point hotel,nice and central(50m from the p*bic triangle)
    went to the stand comedy club which was good entertainment,had a couple of great meals…( got a mate with a restaurent) went to an airshow on the sunday which was a lot less geeky than it sounds…

learn to waterski in dunfermline…that was a great laff

Drac

Newcastle much better feel to it.

geoffj

Newcastle much better feel to it.

😯

Drac

It's all of course in my opinion but really don't like Edinbugh as night just doesn't have something. Still 1000s love it so must be something right about it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone from the edinburgh area who can suggest something for my stag do?’ is closed to new replies.