Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone from Newcastle?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Allo looking for a bit of info, I am buying a s-hand bike the guy is comming down from Scotland I am going up from Sheffield we want to meet up in Newcastle in the north side on the A1.
    Could you recomend a service station or the like just off the A1 that we both could easilly find.(with toilets etc)
    Thanks Rob.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

No services, but there is a Mcdonalds and a pub just off at the Gosforth Park Race-course turn off, easy to find.

lister

Big tesco just off the Airport junction. Or IKEA further south by the metrocentre is easy to find and you can have meatballs…mmm.

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, but do you have any links guys I don't know the airport/racecourse junctions?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

metrocentre-just follow the a1 till you see the metrocentre signs,
    airport-just follow the a1 till you see airport signs
    racecourse-just follow the a1 untill you see the big brown sign with the horses

its really easy, well signed and all those junctions within 5 miles of each other on the a1

lister

🙂 ^^^

ScotlandTheScared

The Tescos is at the airport junction. Turn off for airport and immediately follow for Kingston Park on the roundabout – tesco is basically at the far end of kingston park. Google maps will show you.

DO NOT meet at the Metro Center. It is 1) busy, 2) a maze, 3) sh1t, 4) sh1t, 5) sh1t etc. etc.

Alternative is Washington Services – to the south of Newcastle. Cant miss it.

tinribz
    Free Member

I'd second the washington services:

54°53'22.51"N
    1°33'32.30"W

2 mins south of the Angel of the North. He just follows signs South, you North. Can't miss it cos there is a big FO plexi-glass walkway spanning the road. If you see signs to the tunnel you've gone too far. Not so big or busy you'd never find each other either.

TooTall
    Free Member

McDonalds at Moor Farm, near Cramlington. It is just off the A1 North of Newcastle and it means you can go through the Tyne Tunnel and up the A1 to get there. You miss all the confusing roads and the terrible traffic around the Metro Centre.

NE23 7RG? is the post code

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks for the info folks Tesco near the airport is a good un.

Drac

Tesco is your best bet, you could meet at Washington services but one of you is coming south the other North so would have to agree which side. Another option is Stannington there's a good pub there and just a bit further North of Newcastle.

notlocal
    Free Member

+1 for Stannington, good pub.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone from Newcastle?’ is closed to new replies.