Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone Frank Turnering over the next few weeks?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Uk tour starts tomorrow. Not looked forward to a gig this much in quite a while. Week on Sunday for us lot!

PrinceJohn

Yes I am, very much looking forward to it, next Monday I think.

ChrisL

Northwind and I will be seeing him at the Barrowlands in a week and a half. I should listen to the new album a few more times first.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Yup, 21st in Bristol, can’t wait!

wrightyson
    Free Member

It would appear from recent gigs he plays a lot from the new album. Sweaty rock city in Notts for us!

pete68
    Free Member

Southampton this Friday. His almost hometown gig.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Would love to see him in Bristol if anyone has a spare ticket…..please!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

lookmanohands, get yourself on Twitter and tweet the band. Got mrs DD and me on the guest list at the academy last night for Stereophonics last night courtesy of O2 Music. Often if you tweet the band, it’ll get retweeted and decent fans might offer you the tickets at face value. Has worked a few times for me.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Cheers dd, looked on eBay……..well need I say more 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

StubHub and viagogo are the places but you’ll be fleeced. 😡

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve can get a spare for rock city if anyone wants one? Not sure on price but do its definitely available at the minute.

swavis

Yes in the Barrowlands next Friday too. Can’t wait 😀

Northwind

Finally got the new album. How is it that nobody in the entire creative process, including the guest star (who was apparently nearly Taylor Swift!) says “Frank, you know Silent Key is horrible, right”? It’s like 2 different songs crashing together, and Frank just meandering tunelessly (*) over the top with words that never quite fit in the spaces he’s left for them… Do quite like the main riff, mind, quite Longpigs.

OTOH, Love 40 Down is the best Emmy the Great song for a while.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Woo hoo got a ticket for Bristol in a few weeks, so happy! I think silent key is quite cool. The who Album isn’t anywhere near the earlier stuff but way better than his last effort.

momo

I shall be at Rock City next Sunday with MrsMomo

Sandwich

The Sandwich Family will be at Colton Hall for the Sunday gig. Latest album is currently on heavy rotation in the car/earphones.

pete68
    Free Member

Went to Southampton on Friday night. Played about 7 or 8 of the new album but lots from his previous ones as well.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Enjoyed Friday in Southampton, always a great gig.

Northwind

Things you can’t unnotice, once noticed… The Thing That Should Not Be uses the same structure as Angel Islington

By the waters of the Thames
    I resolved to start again:
    Hybrid children watch the sea,
    Pray for father, roaming free
    To fix the parts of me I broke
    To speak out loud the things I know:
    In madness I dwell

Wandering Rosebery Avenue
    I could only think of you
    Crawling chaos Underground
    A soul to wear down London Town
    A glance to drain your sanity
    And drag me south from Holloway
    You and no one else

njee20
    Free Member

Downloaded some of his newer stuff on the back of this thread. Saw him in Brighton touring Love, Ire & Song years ago and still really rate that album. Richard Divine off Poetry of the Deed is excellent. Like that a lot. Be good to see him again.

PrinceJohn

So that was a great Monday night, he high fived me at the end of the gig & …. Will Vardy (one of the support acts) is playing locally on my birthday, said he’d buy me a drink. Possibly the best Monday night of my life.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well that was with a hint of Parisian solidarity one of the best gigs I’ve been to. The mood the crowd I dunno it was just great. Done yourself proud nottingham xx

Sandwich

In the foyer waiting. Excitement at a high level.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wad only saying last night I’d love to go again on this tour but all a bit too far away.

Dolcered

Thought the barrowlands gig was really good. Skinny Lister are bonkers.

Northwind

Skinny Lister I think need to go all in and embrace the drunken rabble shouting and foot stomping. I’d like to see them in a proper pokey little venue filling up the space to the lid.

Barras was great I thought, wee bit flat in the middle but when it was good it was pretty damn good. I’ll never get tired of If Ever I Stray and Prufrock I think, with a good crowd they just take the roof off

joeydeacon
    Free Member

The guy on the merch stand for this tour is Sean McGowan (anyone who frequents Joiners will prob know him) who’s also worth checking out..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVPWHGOIzo[/video] (slightly NSFW language in places)

billybadger
    Free Member

Saw him in Bristol last night and he was amazing. Loads of old stuff as well as plenty from the new album. Came out and blasted through the first half dozen tracks at about 1000 miles an hour!
    Skinny Lister supporting were also excellent. Bought their album straight away and agree with Northwind that they would be brilliant to see play in a small venue.

vickypea
    Free Member

We saw him last night in Manchester, great night, the whole crowd singing along and dancing.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Frank Turnering over the next few weeks?’ is closed to new replies.