Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone found good pads for kids?
  • marrv
    Free Member

Me and kids get out riding generally. But my 7 year old has just had a couple goes at Leeds bike park so needs kit. Been looking at jitse trials pads. Anyone found anything else good for wee ones?

igm

Decent adult arm/elbow pads make good kids leg/knee pads.
    Soft pads give you more leeway on sizing.
    Elbows are more difficult – forget what we used.

gerti
    Free Member

As above, my daughter uses my elbow pads as knee pads.

marrv
    Free Member

Shopping for elbow pads then.

igm

I took the view that anything I couldn’t ride sans pads, I didn’t want my 7 year old riding. So I got a nice set of elbow pads and we shared them.

theraggyone
    Free Member

My 6 year old got some fox peewee knee pads for christmas . Hes pleased with them says they are really comfy and he used them all day in the bike park without moaning so must be true lol

blairc70
    Free Member

As others have suggested, Fox pee wee are fine, found the g form ones really good and the now the 10 year old is using troy lee elbows for knees. Nice to have a bike park in Leeds for the kids to play on.

WillH

I found some excellent Lizard Skins ones for my (then) five-year-old. Soft pads with Velcro adjustable straps, think they were supposed to be skate pads but it makes no difference in practice.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+ adult elbow on the kiddie knee. Nukeproof fit well.

weeksy

TLD in size XS.

poah
    Free Member

both my boys wear IXS hack knee pads. Samuel (8) has the kids large ones while Lewis (13) had the adult XS one. the kids ones are quite small so should be able to use them on young kids too as they come in small; medium; and large. Both kids are skinny. Never bothered with elbow pads.

takisawa2

That place looks brilliant.
    Dads & lads summer mini trip plans are afoot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone found good pads for kids?’ is closed to new replies.