Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • anyone found a jeep near cragg/lee quarries this morning?!
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

3 idiots.

judging from Dave Haygarth’s photo the MEN have used in the story there, they were driving on the link trail between the 2 quarries!

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s at least a decade of piss taking from their mates.

annebr
    Free Member

Lucky it wasn’t full moon

binners

Thats my commute home from work. How the hell do you get lost for hours up there? You’re never more than a 20 minute stroll to civilisation. Even Rochdale has electricity nowadays. Just point yourself towards the bright bits

Morons!!!

D0NK

hehe, lost a mate up there a few weeks ago, fortunately he ended up riding around heywood not still on the moors at gone midnight.

Binners me and a mate did cragg one night last year, afterwards he went down RMR I decided to have another bit of a lap of cragg before heading for sand beds. Halfway round I decided to head away from cragg on a very vague trail headed in what I thought was approximately the right direction. After 5 minutes the “track” had disappeared and I realised
    A I could only see as far as my hopes could illuminate, no chance of navigating by topography
    B I may have gotten disorientated by the twists and turns of the trail and sheep track I had been on
    C I really didn’t know the area well
    D this could end badly.
    Luckily 2 mins later I hit the BW, big sigh of relief

ps there’s bit of the moor round there I reckon are a lot more than 20mins from civilisation, more like an hour – assuming you can see where you’re headed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re never more than a 20 minute stroll to civilisation.

I beg to differ. It’s in the Grim Northern Wastelands. Civilisation is several hours away. As any fule kno.

😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Great use of police and helicopter time.

kimbers

desolate is the word youre looking for CFH

CountZero

They’re obviously not moths…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely you would head to the bright lights of civilisation/desolation/Rochdale as Binners notes

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Was mark thatcher driving?

tinsy
    Free Member

Mark Thatcher, flipping good memory you have!!!

binners

Donk – maybe its because I ride it all the time, I’m used to it. I did come unstuck a couple of times when I first moved over there. You know when you have one of those ‘hang on a minute. I’m not where I thought I was’ moments.

I don’t see how you could end up wandering around for over 3 hours though. Once you get some height you can see loads of places. Take your pick and aim for one

Clearly not the sharpest tools in the box

RustySpanner

Rooley Moor Roulette innit?

Get it right and you hit Edenfield or Rawtenstall (new pub at the ELR station btw, very nice).

Get it wrong however….

and the consequences are unthinkable.

D0NK

I don’t see how you could end up wandering around for over 3 hours though.

oh yeah on a pleasant summer night like yesterday, completely agree, as someone commented elsewhere, industrial grade muppets

‘hang on a minute. I’m not where I thought I was’ moments

I seem to get a lot of them 😳

johnellison
    Free Member

Hmm. Let’s think about this.

Lost in the wilderness – the alternatives are a) certain death from (indecent?) exposure, or b) head for Rochdale.

Doesn’t need much thinking about really, does it?

ratherbeintobago

I wonder if the law will be having a quiet word about why they were up there in a jeep anyway, and why they were doing it at night?

drlex
    Free Member

Is it worth asking Ian Brady for a good map?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

It used to be a laugh before the link road went in trying to get accross without going uo your happysacks in mud.

CountZero

Just a thought, but didn’t any of these muppets have a smartphone with a mapping/navigation app on it?
    Or were they just too dim-witted to work out how to actually use it?

Is it worth asking Ian Brady for a good map?

Naughty!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘anyone found a jeep near cragg/lee quarries this morning?!’ is closed to new replies.