Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone for tennis elbow ? (heeeelp content)
  • scaredypants

I have tennis elbow – or something that fits the description anyway

I know what TE is, I (contrary to appearances sometimes 😳 ) know how to use google

I don't know what I did to develop it but I know that 2 things seem to aggravate it – riding a bike and lifting a beer. Don't do much other sport so I'm doubtful that biking is *that* bad for it, more just coincidental I hope, but was just wondering:

Has anyone had it & done anything relating to the bike (bar ends, weirdo bars, very soft forks, no "honking", moving brake levers,..) that made a difference ?

Bream
    Free Member

Have had similar problems I think caused by years of rock climbing, nothing on bike would help, but THIS certainly did, fantastic advice.

scaredypants

Thanks Bream – which product did you mean?, seem to be lots on that page

(please, not the robocop brace)

Bream
    Free Member

I didn't buy anything, just followed the 3 phase rehabilitation guide, worked a treat and even better it's free 8)

scaredypants

aaah – and do you have anything that would allow me to read people's posts properly ?

Bream
    Free Member

😆

Christowkid
    Free Member

My wife suffers from it because of her needlework stuff. She went to a good osteopath who reccommended a brace. It costs ~ £20 ish and is a 'c' shaped padded brace. You put it around the muscle below your elbow and tighten the velcro strap. It holds the tendons and supports the forearm muscle. Now if she gets a twinge, it goes on straight away.
    Anothe friend popped in last week, suffering from the same thing and had just had a ( painful ) cortisone injection for the same thing. After shown the brace she went out and got one immediately and is impressed with it.
    best of luck
    Q

Christowkid
    Free Member

just looked at the link – her brace is like the pneumatic one except it isn't a blow-up job…..if I can say that without raising a titter!!!!
    ….and it really does work. Without it she's in excruciating pain.
    cheers
    Q

scaredypants

yeh, that's part of my problem really – I'm NOT in excruciating pain so I just carry on doing what I do & put up with it without altering any behaviour (but then I may have already M'dTFU LOLZ 11!!)

tried gaffer tape round jut below the elbow when I was on holiday & doing quite a lot of biking. wrapped it too tight though & got a blue arm 😯

geoffj

Its a nasty affliction – successfully stopped me taking up golf though (it started when I started going to the driving range), so its not all bad 😆

Bream
    Free Member

I have one of those braces also and use to wear it when I climbed but I found it to unconfortable to wear all day, it started to cause more restriction pain than the actual tennis elbow 🙁

Only after a couple of years with the brace I had a particular bad session of pain coming back from Morzine last year that I found the above rehabilitation guide. I went through it start to finish and it worked 100%, but you have to keep it up. So far I have found no magic brace or tablet to buy to get rid of it, just this rehabilitation.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

I suffered through climbing a few years ago.

Get two Golf balls, hold in one hand and rotate around each other. I did it all the time, whilst working the computer at work etc until the problem resolved itself, then every now and then to maintain tendon strength and flexibility.

Worked a treat!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

C brace, cortisone and stopping playing tennis sorted me. Not had a problem biking

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Physio showed me how to do some serious massage – basically at the points the muscles attach – the points where it is most painful when you dig your fingers in. Massaging accross the muscle fibres to free them up. Worked a treat!

goog
    Free Member

go see a doctor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone for tennis elbow ? (heeeelp content)’ is closed to new replies.