Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Anyone for tennis?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see that there brit Murray is doing well again, one spoiled brat Aussie gone and maybe the other. Great weather for it… Making QLD feel cold in reckon

binners

C’MON TIM!!!!

nickjb
    Free Member

Evans taking Cilic is bigger news

perchypanther
    Free Member

Anyone for tennis?

….was the name of the first “grown up movie with ,like, kissing and that” that I ever saw, on Betamax round my mate Steve’s house. He nicked it off his uncle.

True story.

matt_outandabout

I see that there brit Murray is doing well again

That is heresy north of the border. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wait till he bottles it in the final… Poor little Scott don’t like it hot (and it’s getting hotter)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad to see Murray and Evans’ results – the latter is a bloody brilliant performance, He really is making a major move forward. Brilliant.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

C’MON McTIM!!!!

FIFY

P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone for tennis?

Not as long as I’ve got a hole in my arse, but thanks for asking.

Stuff I can’t do anymore due to injury:

Golf.
    Bowling.
    Racket Sports.

When the Doc told me that I was genuinely looking for the downsides.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well poppycock in sporadically but djokovic is making hard work of the first set could be a good year for Murray

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm must check the predictive text more…
    And according to the commentators that is the first set novak has lost in week one in 7 years.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Poor little Scott

He is neither poor or little. And is a Scot.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Djok in deep trouble…

Edit – He’s out. Piles huge pressure on Murray now IMO….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

amazing result and good for our Brit #1 in the singles

hope he can take revenge on Querry for knocking out our Scottish bloke in the doubles now

noltae
    Free Member

Denis Istomin – wow . . You played like a beast – Seriously worth watching the match if you haven’t already – Huge upset for sure – Up there with Rosol vs Nadal Wimbledon 2012 ? McEnroe calling the biggest upset in a decade – Anyway hope Murray capitalises – Go Andy !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Denis Istomin – wow . . You played like a beast – Seriously worth watching the match if you haven’t already – Huge upset for sure

caught the first set and he was going for it!! Well done

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ooops – both our Scots out. At least ‘we’ have the ladies’ singles

Will Fed make a miraculous comeback?

nickjb
    Free Member

All Williams final. Prospect of a Federer Nadal final. Is this the brexiteers slowly winding the clocks back? Great stuff from Fed.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Great match between Fed and Wawrinka – decent tennis – no double handed backhands in sight apart from the one Stan hit once he’d lost a point.

Be prepared for Fed to dissppoint in the final though as normal…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

damn missed it – good to see no double handers.

Fed, Stan and Gasquet – the best backhands in tennis

i wish someone would scream back at venus – its close to bloody cheating the way her volume goes up at crucial points

mefty
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there are still enough advantages to the single handed backhand – the trouble is that kids learn a double hander when young as it seems stronger, and then never change as they don’t want the risk, or to take the time to change.

The single hander is a stronger shot – the double gets its advantage from wrist control but you can’t coil up your whole back and unleash through the ball in the same way.

And I don’t think the double is easier to learn, it’s pretty easy to learn a top spin backhand – you just turn your back to the ball and then hit through it – simples.

When there are no singles left I probably will watch tennis a lot less.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

IIRC Gasquet can generate the same spin on his backhand than Nadal can on the forehand, quite incredible, was around 4000rpm…..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cheers mefty. I enjoyed that. As you might guess I am a single hander, play on the backhand side in doubles and still wear all,white. one of my partners has a gasquet-espue backhand too but we are in the minority sadly.

Both mini THMs are double handers, sigh….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fed and Rafa already putting on a great show

I want both of them to win!!!

Go FEFA!!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ideall, I’d love to see Rafa win, he’s a had a rough few years. But the downside is all the usual drug accusers will resurface again…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just take that for granted. It’s pro sport!!!

Then watch in peace…, some awesome tennis that is rolling back the years

…and then a dunked volley

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Awesome stuff – apart from Wilanders commentary

As good as I had hoped for

My dog is getting very impatient though – no walk yet !!

NZCol

This is great tennis.
    I’ve been to the AO 3 times and it’s a superb competition and arena. Also easy to get tickets , last time I got semi tickets a day before no worries

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Too tense now!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Best point of the match just there

scotroutes

Pat Cash on Federer taking a “medical timeout”

They really have to ‘fess up to what the injury is. You don’t just stop a marathon if you’re tired. Is it something that really requires medical attention, or is it tiredness? If it’s tiredness then it’s a loss of condition. I cannot stress how bad this has been supervised or looked at by the medical team here in the whole tour. It’s wrong, wrong and wrong. It’s cheating and it’s being allowed. It’s legal cheating but it’s still not right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well done to Federer. Tennis. Another sport I hardly watch any longer as it’s not on free to air tv.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Free to air? Avoiding the licence fee Jamba? 😆

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

this looks like a nice condensed set of highlights – sound seems good as well, emphasises how hard they are hitting it :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFIOGpIQtVU[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Free to air? Avoiding the licence fee Jamba

I suppose technically I have two licences, one in the UK and one in France (French abolished TV licences and effectively add it onto your “council tax”). Wasn’t on free to air French TV either.

nickjb
    Free Member

That’s one way to lose a match

bruneep

thats gonna smart for a bit

nickjb
    Free Member

It’ll certainly leave a mark

Well done GB without Andy. A massive step up from the lower ranked players

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Anyone for tennis?’ is closed to new replies.