Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Anyone for a bit of thunder & lightning?
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Was a shit more than 10mins earlier today on the south coast!
    Hit Bournemouth at 12 and didn’t move through till gone 1:30pm.
    Was so heavy it was flooding the road onto the pavement.
    Ground strikes, immediate rumbles lasting 10-20s at a time.

woody21
    Free Member

We couldn’t even see Bill’s mothers (Bakewell)

theboatman
    Free Member

@Woody21 I stopped top of Beeley Moor to take this, bright sunshine behind me but the cloud in front certainly delivered!

[/url]IMG_20160913_193203 by IamDeathside, on Flickr[/img]

Simon

We set off night riding from Bingley at 7.15. The storm hit at about 7.25. Made for an interesting ride, we stayed in the woods and didn’t venture onto the moors!
    Not the dry, dusty ride I’d been looking forward to but still a lot of fun.

pictonroad

Not a drop on this bit of the South Coast. Just been for a Ride where it didn’t drop below 21deg. Ended up standing in the sea watching the sea light up orange with a distant lighting storm.

Summer, marvellous stuff.

twisty

Meh, I am a bit nonchalant about thunder/lightening now as currently in Singapore which is apparently one of the most lightening stricken places in the world. There are usually several large thunder storms a week.

I was browsing lightening triggers for my camera the other day but by browsing was intercepted and any potential purchase wifeblocked 😡

redthunder
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Mbs4mx]P1350233[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Rockape63
    Free Member

Blue skies and 24 degs in Surrey ATM 8)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

two pages in and nobody has pointed out the Thin Lizzy album of the same name as the thread … shame on you yongsters, one of the best albums. Get it on and get a bit of Cold sweat.

Cougar

Asda in Burnley took a direct hit, roof’s partially collapsed.

Lightning strikes in Burnley could have the potential* to do millions of pounds worth of improvements.

(* – sorry)

spawnofyorkshire

House just over 50m away from mine got hit in Huddersfield last night 😯
    Almighty bang, my house shook and then a load of car alarms went off

simondbarnes

Had to ride through it for 2 hours to get home from work last night. Storm started 3 minutes after I’d set off, not sure it was really worth stopping to put my jacket on. I was so wet I thought I may as well stop and take a couple of photos!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LgqPgs]Lightning Strike[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LgA4Pr]Exploding sky![/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

prawny

Missed this thread yesterday, storm started as I was getting changed to leave work, hosed it down for the first 10 miles never seen lightening like it, it was constant. Took me about 10 minutes longer than normal, no way I was risking the flyovers, if the half blinday cars didn’t get me the lightening would have

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Down ‘ere in Cornwall, thunder and lightning is a scone with clotted cream and golden syrup. Ansum!

woodnut
    Free Member

5 o’clock on a September morning Sheffield. Big storm.How can there be enough heat in the air? The weather is getting weirdererer 🙁

TheBrick
    Free Member

Loads last night on south coast

theotherjonv

masses around here in Guildford around the early hours. both kids slept through, wife and thought the sky was falling in.

weeksy

theotherjonv – Member

masses around here in Guildford around the early hours. both kids slept through, wife and thought the sky was falling in.

Same here, power cut around Newbury at 2.48am and tonnes of thunder and lightening, i got up and watched, assumed it would wake my lad up, was gutted he didn’t get up and watch with me.

wwaswas

poorly edited but you get the idea…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Anyone for a bit of thunder & lightning?’ is closed to new replies.