Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone fix bikes Sugru?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has fixed bike stuff with Sugru as I’ve just ‘attempted’ to construct my on dust cap for a deore rear hub as some idiot lost it during a rebuild?

portlyone

Thought about using it as a chainstay protector but nothing like you suggested

tomaso
    Free Member

When its cured tomorrow lunchtime I’ll find out if it has worked.

ton

used it to secure my controller on the leccy bike. i araldited it on 1st then sugru’d it after…..proper belts and braces style. 😆

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    L1000201 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

Swingarm protector for Yeti 5 (since stolen…)

Kryton57

I’ve done the same as Leku ^^ just near the chain stay though.

kcr
    Free Member

Used it to bond and seal a Cateye adjustable light clamp to the bottom of a DX light (improvement over the original clamp) and attached a drilled plate for rear lights to my rack by wrapping Sugru round the bars on each side of the rack.

tomaso
    Free Member

It appears to be a success – bearings sealed and covered and the axle spins without fouling – result!

cynic-al
    Free Member

dustcap as in the pressed steel ring-part?

neninja
    Free Member

Used it to make a helmet mount for my smudge xm-l so I could run it with a lower profile.

Also repaired a mates helmet with it – the rear cradle had pulled out of the polystyrene and the Sugru worked a treat to secure it back in again.

convert

Father in law borrowed my cross bike and smashed off the plastic caps on the stis forcing it into his car. Sugru replacements are better than the originals in both feel and rattle free operation. Sugru blobs under cables runs to stop cables vibrating was less successful – maybe the bike was not clean enough but they came straight off.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fix bikes Sugru?’ is closed to new replies.