Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone fitted a Westfalia Tow Bar to a A4 Avant?
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a shiny new Atera Strada DL3 rack but need to fit the Westfalia tow bar first, if there are any owners who’ve fitted a rack to there A4 Avant your feed back will be much appreciated.

The wiring is 13pin & I’m unsure if it’s a plug & forget or the car needs to go into Audi to be coded etc.

Cheers
    Mark

craigxxl
    Free Member

Recently done my Skoda with a Westfala tow bar and electrics. If you are using the dedicated wiring then you’ll need to get it coded. It isn’t a big job and if you look on the VAG forums and find someone local to you with VCDS they will code it much cheaper. Mine only cost £20 including other adjustments I wanted doing.

Jason
    Free Member

I fitted a Westfalia detachable towbar to my A5 a couple of years ago. Fairly easy to fit, and I would imagine an A4 is a similar process. If you are happy to remove the rear bumper then it isn’t too hard. The Westfalia witing loom should plug straight into your A4, if not then it takes an hour or so to wire. My A5 wasn’t pre-wired for a towbar but instructions with the Westfalia loom made it fairly easy.

However you wire it you will need to programme the ecu to see the towbar. I have the VAG-COM lead and software so did it myself. Otherwise it is a case of visiting a dealer or finding someone with a lead as mentioned above.

For the A5 Audi sell a neat holder for the detachable part of the towbar, it fits next to the spare wheel. Worth buying if you can get one for the A4.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fitted a Westfalia Tow Bar to a A4 Avant?’ is closed to new replies.