Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone fitted a stealth seat dropper to a 2015 camber Evo 29er
  • t160man
    Free Member

ive read there can be problems fitting a stealth seat post to the 2015 specialized camber Evo 29er.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    If you have fitted a stealth post to this bike, what type did you fit.
    I’m looking at buying a large framed camber Evo 29er, hence the question.
    Feel free to post on here, or better still mail me direct at geezer961@gmail.com
    Any advice more than welcome.
    Cheers
    Gary

slackman99
    Free Member

No stealth port on the camber evo, so if you want to fit a stealth post, you’ll have to drill the frame

t160man
    Free Member

There is a stealth port up near the head stock.

Grace
    Free Member

Headstock?

t160man
    Free Member

Close, sorry headset.
    Hole is in the top tube

markrh
    Free Member

My son gave it a go on his 2015 frame using a Giant dropper post. With the Giant post you can adapt it to stealth or external runs which is just as well as he ended up (after a lot of faffing about) running it down the seat post but then up into the opening in the frame above the shock and out of stealth route hole on the top tube. Looks quite neat done like this but its not ideal.

shortcut

My camber evo has one fitted as standard. Port is there on the frame. Although Carbon and alloy frames may be different.

t160man
    Free Member

Looks like Specialized dropped a bollock then, drilling for a stealth post that can’t be fitted, shame.

slackman99
    Free Member

The port near the head tube exits at the upper shock mount. No hole in the seat tube for a hose/cable.

I think the carbon version might be different.

trusty

As slackman said, the routing on the aluminium ones goes in by the head tube and exits half way along the top tube by the shock. It works ok but isn’t as neat as proper stealth routing as you’ve still got the loop of cable / hose by the seat tube. Something else to be aware of is that the entry hole is drilled for a cable operated dropper, so if you run a reverb you’ll need to ream it out a little

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Specialized did it so you buy their post. Its as simple as that. And yep its annoying but there are alternatives. Speaking from the Alu version, I gave up waiting for the Command Post to come back in stock and didn’t want to void my warranty drilling. Have you considered a newer KS Lev? They fit nice, no modification. So far so good.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

But you can’t run a steath routed dropper on the Alu Camber and that is a bad mistake by Specialized . I expect the 2016 model will address this problem .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thnk it does. But I have the 2105 with a reverb. Ok it’s no totally stealth, but so what. It works and that’s fine by me.

Rockplough
    Free Member

2016 alu models don’t appear to have stealth routing either. Carbon ones all have spesh dropper as standard.

I nearly bought the camber evo but this was one thing that put me off, the deliberately too small hole in particular.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fitted a stealth seat dropper to a 2015 camber Evo 29er’ is closed to new replies.