• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone fancy owning/running a French bar/restaurant/music venue?
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

Central France?
    Le Dorat?
    SB

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tell us more sb 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

Deadly,you got dibs!!! 🙂
    I just sent you an email.
    SB

scuzz
    Free Member

Details? Avail us!

stratobiker
    Free Member

scuzz
    You got mail!
    SB

Edukator
    Free Member

I Googled “fish and chips le Dorat” and came up with La Petite Fontaine, which happens to be for sale at 235 000 e. 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

@Edukator – Bingo! That’s the one. Have you seen what you get for the money?
    SB

hamsolo
    Free Member

The unsuites do it for me

Edukator
    Free Member

Have you seen what you get for the money?

Yup, whatever the buyer is capable of making of it; a good profit, a living or a loss.

The French bar/restau scene is suffering the general decline the British pub scene is suffering. In that decline there are some exceptions because the owners provide what people are looking for in a location they are looking for it.

Anyone interested in buying should get a local accountant to go through the books and do lots of research on the habits of locals and tourists.

Sandwich

A bar/restaurant that doesn’t open at weekends! I’m surprised they lasted 6 years.

atlaz
    Free Member

The “scene” seems to be entirely dependent on how much they respond to local requirements. The bars where my family lives in France are fine because they don’t pretend they’re more than the local cafe. The ones where they charge 4e for a beer because they’re on the footpath (aka terrace) go out of business as soon as the tourists sod off.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Whoa!!! Les cyniques sont arrivés!!!!
    Me being a merchant n’all!
    SB

CountZero

Love the idea, I just couldn’t run a piss-up in a brewery, frankly. 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

stratobiker – Knock yourself out. I’ll pop down from my folks place in august to say hi. Its a 3 hour drive so dont expect to make a living from me but I’ll be there 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

atlaz, whereabouts is your folks place? I’m near Rochechouart 87.
    SB

atlaz
    Free Member

They’re in Vendee for a large part of the year.

qwerty
    Free Member

I Googled “fish and chips le Dorat” and came up with La Petite Fontaine, which happens to be for sale at 235 000 e.

Dude, you trying to make a quick 15000e? It’s up for 220000 on their website 😉

juan
    Free Member

they are some very flourishing restaurant/brasserie/café closed on week end 😉

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I can’t invest but I’ll visit next time I’m down! 😀

grum
    Free Member

I might go and have a look when I’m over that way in a few weeks 🙂

I’m planning to move anyway and this is just about in budget!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy owning/running a French bar/restaurant/music venue?’ is closed to new replies.