Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining me on either mid-week or weekend Stanes + Galloway rides?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

As some of you have seen I am organising a STW forum ride on 26th and 27th September. I was thinking of doing a tour of Scotland, but having looked at my finances (and this isn't a sob story, luckily life is great right now) I have decided to keep my riding local. After all, I have not yet ridden any local non-Stanes routes yet and have a lot to explore.

Somewhere between 14th and 17th of September I am going to be attempting the Glentress black route and would love some company to get me round. I will also be doing Kirroughtree before the big one too.

Trekster and I are riding on 10th at either Ae or Dalbeattie on 10th, and the only other route I have in my diary is Newcastleton on 8th.

I am not actually working this month, so am pretty flexible. Trekster has shown me a natural route starting at Durisdeer (not too far from Sanquar) and that would be a great one to have company with too, any day of the week.

So this is just a speculative thread seeing if anyone is avaialable mid week for Stanes rides etc. Maybe you have the odd day or two of leave to use up and fancy a social ride? If so let me know as it would be great to have company as I try and get myself fit for the big double at the end of the month!

Cheers

Si

haddock
    Free Member

Hi

I'm off until the 25th, and was planning a couple of days away up there, on my todd so it would be nice to have some company. May be able to fit with your dates. I need to be back in Yorkshire on Sundays, Mondays though. 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Haddock – hi – well I am in Manchester something like 17th – 19th but apart from that can be very flexible in terms of days for riding as I am not working. I am not riding every day as I am having plenty of rest days, but like I said, can pretty easily chop around and am sure I could even do two days in a row at a push. I only really have next Thursday and tomorrow set in stone.

My email is in my profile if you want to drop a note nearer the time you are planning on riding.

haddock
    Free Member

Simon, will do, i'll have a look at some dates then. I'll be up in the Lakes a bit to, so will get back to you soon,
    ed.

Trekster

Simon/haddock…maybe we could get together for a Lakes ride?
    Know one or two rides from Keswick, Ambleside or Staveley. Post your dates and we can cordinate from there.
    Si it`s 1.5hr to Keswick(whinlatter)and around 2hrs to Ambleside for us.
    16th is a day I have set aside with another biking buddy, all depends what else he has on where we will end up. Will be including some work mates on that one so could well be anything from the 2 of us up to 10ish.

haddock
    Free Member

Trekster – sounds good to me, i'll have a look at some possible dates tonight and post tommorrow. Ta.

Simon – any of the Stanes, within driving distance from the South Lakes is ok for me, I may stop up at Peebles for a couple of days. I finish work tonight so not planned anything definate just yet.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Haddock and Trekster

Hi – yes – I am very keen to ride the Lakes (first ride there tomorrow). I haven't done so due to my lack of navigational experience, but would be more than happy to join you guys as well as offering Trekster a lift in my new super-duper bike-mobile (er Vauxhall Meriva).

Trekster – ok no probs about 16th. I'll wait for Haddock's email tomorrow and we can plan from there. But could do with a Dalbeattie ride and also the local loop if you are free as that would mean not worrying about getting lost 🙂

Trekster

OK Simon..we will sort something shortish for Thurs, just drop me mail or call. Mind I will be at work Wed from 6pm so will mail you works number, mobs are not allowed

Hope to see you in the Lakes if not D&G Stanes haddock. Simon and I are both handy for Ae & Mabie with Dalbeattie being a bit farther west by 1/2hr or so.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

John, I can make next monday (13th) if any of you fellas fancy a ride. Would Durisdeer/Auchentaggart be too wet?

haddock
    Free Member

Simon, Sorry its still a bit complicated as I dont know at the moment if i'll have to shuttle back and forth to see the missus in Hull.

Best case scenario, could do any of the following dates:

10th in Lakes (but not Stanes due to travel the previous night)
    11th-12th Lakes or Stanes
    15th Lakes
    16th-19th Lakes,Glentress or where ever.

I would love to do Korroughtree despite it being 3 hrs from my place in the Lakes, but I'd get my arse out of bed early for that one! You thinking 11th or 12th for that by any chance?

Was already thinking about Glentress between 15th and 19th, may camp up there to fit in Innerleithen too. The 16th would be ideal, due to travelling distance.

No e mail in the Lakes, so sent you my mobile number.

ta ed

Trekster

nobeer, mon is the 14th

I can do that, original plan has been cancelled so I can go riding
    Duris was OK last week, wet but fun 😆

haddock I could maybe do Lakes on 15th but not sure Simon can

All depends on who, what and where we end up going on the 16th 😯

Simon has mail re his plans

simonralli2
    Free Member

Right – this was my original plan, based around Haddocks dates. Having emailled Haddock, 10th and I think 12th are definites.

10th Lakes ride
    12th Kirroughtree
    15th Glentress Black
    17th Lakes

I now realise that I may not be able to do 17th as I may be driving down to Manchester. I deffo want to do Glentress black though, so maybe if that was 16th, the 14th would then be free for either a Stanes ride with nobeer, or in fact the Trekster natural route that I'd love to try out.

This is all getting a bit more complicated now trying to co-ordinate everyone date-wise. Sorry folks. It gets a bit more complicated tomorrow when Haddock loses email, and is just on SMS! However, the weather for Thursday is looking good, and at least I will be able to chat with him more about dates.

Well apologies again for all this, but I guess if everyone is chilled, then at the very least, I'll make two rides with haddock, and then Glentress Black (and I think I need company and encouragement to get me round) Trekster and Haddock on 15th?

If anyone else wants to sample the natural delights of Galloway doing a natural non-Stanes ride on the Sunday 20th feel free to drop me a line!

I guess I will ride 20th, 22nd and 24th ready for the big STW forum weekend that weekend.

Phew!

DeeJay
    Free Member

Have you settled on the 15th for GT?

Diane
    Free Member

Hey guys do you mind a slow rider joining? Would be nice to see Trekster again (Assume that's you? Think March 09 – Spain?) 😀 Anyway i could always meet you futher round if you wanted to blast it.

Diane
    Free Member

That's for GT Black

Trekster

You are very welcome D. Just keep an eye on this post and Simon will be along with meet time etc. We are up there on Tues 15th. Planning to leave Dfs @ 9 so should be at GT by 10.30 if you fancy a coffee :lol:.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi folks

Yes – Trekster and I are riding Glentress Black on 15th. We will be leaving Dumfries around 9.15, so will be there for say 11ish, and set off around 11/ 11.30 depending on everyone managing to meet up and sort out bikes.

It would be great to see you guys and no I am not a fast rider at all. I also anticipate a stop for sarnies half way round too!

Trekster and I will be arriving in my dark blue Vauxhall Meriva and will be parking in the very first car park you get to after having come off the road.

Drop me an email if you want my mobile number just in case.

DeeJay – fancy coming along too?

Cheers

Si

BTW – will also be riding on the 17th too, probably Ae as I have not ridden Ae this month, but I quite like the idea of Newcastleton too.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Simon – I have not been to Glentress this year and I can't make your weekend meet as I am working – this would be good. I am off to Wales in half an hour for a biking weekend – if I get back in one piece and still have some legs I will join you if that's OK – will let you know Monday.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Back from Wales mostly in one piece – my bike clothes are washed and drying – see you guys in the morning 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dee-Jay

Brill – this good looking chap and mean machines are what you're looking out for in the car park!

Trekster and I should be there a tad before 11am, aiming for maybe 11.15 – 11.30 ride time.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Frightening – but I'm still coming!!!!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nah – rides with me are great – there's so much more than photos can possibly show – it'll be great 🙂 Plus you'll meet Trekster too.

Trekster

Hi DeeJay
    Tried to find a pic of m e on a bike but this will have to do.

I`m the one with hair & gloves

pyekid
    Free Member

Hi Simon,
    my wife and I are planning to ride the red tomorrow,
    maybe convincing her to join you on the black, we are staying in Dumfries so timings work with us,
    where's good to eat in Dumfries?

Trekster

Cavens Arms, Buccleugh St. Pub grub of the yr for past 3/4yrs. Indian Palms just up the street a bit if thats your thing.
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/16073/Cavens_Arms/Dumfries

My fav http://www.hullabaloorestaurant.co.uk/

Various Chinese and a Tia. Chinese at to of Vennel is my fav, just along from Indain, nr Burns Statue.

What you doing Wed?

pyekid
    Free Member

Thanks for that,
    no plans for Wednesday, we're on holiday so taking it one day at a time,
    what did you have in mind?

Trekster

Whatever you like.
    I am within biking distance of Mabie & Ae.

Lots of secrets in Mabie 😉

I will be at GT with Simon tomorrow. Big bloke on a big brown Kona Dawg fs!!

btw Cavens is a busy place but worth the wait.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ok cool – believe me, I am not a fast rider, and I also tend to hop off and walk over things.

I tend not to eat out much in Dumfries, but I do like the Chinese in the town centre by the Burns statue, same as Trekster.

I am free Wednesday so let me know if you fancy Mabie or Ae!

Oh and The Hole in the Wall pub does karaoke, 7 nights a week! 😀

pyekid
    Free Member

Cool we'll have a chat tomorrow then,
    what's casa MIA like we're on route now!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Not been there myself but I think my folks had a very nice meal there. I am sure you'll like it!

pyekid
    Free Member

Thanks both,
    see you tomorrow .

Diane
    Free Member

Trekster – going to do Gypsies Descent from GT instead so may spot you at the cafe after.

Trekster

Casa = good, sometimes. Can be slow & pricey although they are doing cheap deals atm but can`t remember what!!

Cheers Di.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy joining me on either mid-week or weekend Stanes + Galloway rides?’ is closed to new replies.