Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone fancy giving bike-polo in Edinburgh a shot?
  • Retrodirect
    Free Member

A bunch of us in Edinburgh have been building our own mallets and playing polo on our bikes to mess around.

If anyone fancies giving it a shot then come here Map at 5.30, we've got spare mallets you can use and it would be good to get more faces involved

That's me on the bike, that is.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

That was a brilliant night, we had around 7 or 8 people and some good games. We'll be doing the same on Monday night if anyone would like to come then aswell.

uistboy
    Free Member

twas excellent fun. see you all next week.

kcr
    Free Member

The Johnstone Wheelers were organising regular games and were looking for anyone who was interested in playing from the east:
    http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/bike-polo

Nagasaki
    Free Member

"Johnstone vs Edinburgh at bike polo"? Whooooaaa, thought I had just woken up in another dimension there 😉

7hz
    Free Member

What bikes are used for this? Looks like Johnstone have some specially configured steeds…

coogan
    Free Member

Their on horses? Thats cheating surely.

uistboy
    Free Member

The Johnstone guys look like they have specific grass court polo bikes where the seat is really far back almost over the rear wheel, fixed no brakes also. In Edinburgh we play on a hard court with any old beaters we can find, usually stuff rescued from skips or retired from normal duties. You can play on any bike you like but collisions and breakages are common. A frame you don’t mind bashing, one gear, one brake and a few estate agents signs for wheel covers makes for the perfect polo machine.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

What we ride? whatever we can get our hands on.
    Old mountainbike with a decent rear brake seems to be about right …

grasscourt polo is a bit different – what that johnstone wheelers site links to – is all done on specific bikes they are brakeless foot-retentionless fix-wheels, stopping is not a problem as their are rules about right-of-way and other stuff. we don't play on specific bikes and we don't play these right of way rules.

Here's mine.

Edit: ah i see uist beat me to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy giving bike-polo in Edinburgh a shot?’ is closed to new replies.