Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone fancy gaining some marketing experience?
  • chiefgrooveguru

I work for a little company which makes some pretty cool stuff and has lots of customers raving about the awesomeness of our products but inevitably has lots of potential customers who don’t know we exist. As we’re spread rather thin actually manufacturing things we haven’t had the time to do as much marketing as we’d like and then today in a meeting we had the brainwave that maybe someone would like to help us out?

Maybe it would suit if you’re bored with your current job and fancy a career change but need a bigger portfolio of work? Or you’re already experienced but like the idea of getting involved with something fairly new and exciting? Not thinking many hours a week, maybe not even as frequently as weekly. We have a lot of different marketing avenues which are applicable to our sector and plenty of new products which would benefit from being launched with a bit more of a splash than our previous under-the-radar approach… We’re in Sussex and it’s probably a good thing being local but not essential in this day and age.

I shall now await the flames having dared to ask for (initially) unpaid work!

tomhoward

Will pie charts be required?

warton
    Free Member

all the marketing people I know seem to spend their days posting on FB and tweeting… seems that’s all marketing is these days.

chiefgrooveguru

Definitely no pie charts! Using facebook, twitter, print media, online media, youtube, etc. The requirement is not dissimilar to what a new-ish and very innovative but accessibly priced MTB company would need, just in a different sector.

flyingmonkeycorps

Edited ‘cos you just answered my question with your edit 😉

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

I could well be interested in this as i am unemployed from next friday. I am based in Yorkshire and have absolutely no experience of marketing. Does that sound like someone you need?

I can’t do pie charts but i can do Venn diagrams.

geoffj

Karinofnine

Hmmmm, possibly, I only work four days a week at the moment, but I would need to know a lot more (and I imagine you would need to know a lot more about me).

I can spell, don’t use Americanisms, and have a good grasp of grammar. I understand these things may disqualify me. 😀

Email in profile.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You do know that marketing doesn’t work don’t you? Most people are immune to it and it is the emperors’ new clothes. And marketing doesn’t work, don’t you know. This has been proven on this very forum several times by an absolute authority on all things.

binners

chiefgrooveguru – Have you been in touch with he local colleges and Universities? It’d be worth it. Final year marketing students would no doubt jump at the chance of this kind of work experience. If you get in touch with the course tutors, I’m sure they’d be more than happy to have a chat with you about it

camo16
    Free Member

If you’re looking for someone with marketing experience, inc. start-up, I might be able to help… but don’t want to tread on the toes of bobfromkansas or Karinofnine!

You do know that marketing doesn’t work don’t you?

My son wants us to change from Virgin to Sky because Bradley Wiggins is cool. Marketing doesn’t work, huh? 8)

chiefgrooveguru

binners, you’re a genius! (This has never been said before and never will be said again… 😉 )

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

but don’t want to tread on the toes of bobfromkansas or Karinofnine!

Don’t mind me, I’d be a crap choice anyway. 😆 I’m not even marketing myself very well.

I am awesome really.

chiefgrooveguru

I shall email everyone – if you don’t have an email in your profile, you’ll have to email me. Thanks!

binners

Always happy to help. And I shall now gleefully return to being an idiot! 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Email now in profile. 8)

thegreatape
    Free Member

My son wants us to change from Virgin to Sky because Bradley Wiggins is cool. Marketing doesn’t work, huh?

Exactly. Doesn’t work at all. There is no evidence that marketing works.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There is no evidence that marketing works.

Is that why companies expect to get it for free?

Pook

he’s wearing a helmet.

binners

To be fair, most companies will try and get pretty much anything for free

Try getting paid for design work. Thats why the infamous Pie Chart email is so funny. Because any designer will have heard it a thousand times

geoffj

Pook – Member

he’s wearing a helmet.

😆

willjones
    Free Member

Love to hear more. Can you email me with what you do, and where you want to be? Addy in profile…

thegreatape
    Free Member

he’s wearing a helmet

What are you inferring from this entirely coincidental fact?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Interested party here, too.
    email in profile.
    thanks.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy gaining some marketing experience?’ is closed to new replies.