Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Genesis "love-in"????…i.e. show me your Genesis bike photos….
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Was in the bike shop yesterday looking at all new spangly road bike goodness, despite having this in the cellar and not getting much time to ride it…

I bought it cos it had a fairly functional look, but now can’t help being swayed by swoopy hydroformed alloys, carbons and may be a better groupset etc etc. So come on, show me your Genesis bike pics!!

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

This has been my commuter for the last two years.Great bike but I’m looking to replace it with another Genesis with gears.Really like that model Aether you have but struggling to get hold of one.I missed a bargain on Winstanleys website the other week.If yours is a 58cm and you are tempted to sell then keep me in mind 🙂

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I want a Day One in orange, proper lust after bike for me

IanW
    Free Member

B2W this year = equilibrium, may even use to go to work.

m0rk
    Free Member

mboy
    Free Member

C’mon guys, they make Mountain Bikes too you know! 😉

Mine after a good clean and some TLC a couple of months ago…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I really, really love this bike!….maybe not to look at though

sevenandnine

Mine this morning. Been out for about twenty minutes, went home the road way…

sevenandnine

oxym0r0n

Mountain what??

Just fitted a WI freewheel to sort the achiles heel out on this…

Day 1 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

Andy

there you go sevenandnine

Dickyboy

Equilibrium touring & nearly finished Abyss 🙂

equilibrium by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr

Abyss by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr

Kryton57

Typical, not 24 hours ago I dismantled mine and put the frame in the garage loft. 😐

franki
    Free Member

New one:

100_5241 by franklini10, on Flickr
    Old one: (Now the commuting bike.)

IMG_0500 by franklini10, on Flickr

mulacs

2013 Cdf – Recent cycle to work purchase, quite enjoying it so far – did a trial run to work and back today in atrocious weather and survived! Considering swapping the cassette to a 11-28 or smaller as the 25 is a bit meaty – plenty of hills where I live.

Can anyone advise on mudguards – Evans were seriously reluctant to fit the recommended SKS P50’s and understandably so, the gap between the forks and the tyre is pretty small…

motivforz
    Free Member

Favourite bike for it’s durability, comfort and handling. Picture just after I bought it, changed a bit since then, but haven’t got any more recent pics! Never liked the paint job though so I’m going to strip it and get it coated.

Commuter, again really comfortable and nicely made frame. Plus it’s in my favourite colour!

catfishsalesco
    Free Member
    mtbtomo
    Free Member

Sorry Laughinontheinside….its a 56. I got it from Winstanley’s a few months ago now, at what I thought was a heavily discounted price….but last time I looked they were even cheaper at half price!

dawson

My Latitude

tlr

Genesis singlespeed thing; and yes I know the hoses are too long, but I have an idea that the kit might end up on a 29er one day so I haven’t bothered cutting them to correct length.

Singlespeed is had work round the Peak. And the rigid forks are a bit brutal to be honest, but it’s simple fun for short rides.

6079smithw
    Free Member

oxym0r0n

Mulacs – are you planning on keeping the cross tyres i.e. Are you planning on riding off-road as that will have a bearing on mudguards…

mattrgee
    Free Member

Core 20:

Core 20 and 30 in the snow:

mulacs

@oxym0r0n – I’ve got it set up as a commuter, I like the idea of taking it off road but truth be told it will probably very seldom be taken anywhere tougher than a sandy track. What mudguards have you on yours?

ahwiles
    Free Member

my equilibrium:

my high latitude:

my cdf:

mattk
    Free Member

I actually spent about half an hour the other night trying to decipher the binary on the seat stay!

Love the bike tho, infact i barely ride anything else.

[/url][/img]

Mister-P
    Free Member

Shortly after being built. The wheels have been replaced with XT tubeless, the rear mech is now a clutch XT and the brake callipers are XTR.

belugabob
    Free Member

Here’s my Genesis Altitude 00, following a rebuild…

Full story here

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Muke
    Free Member

Now moved onto a new owner

majorspaniel

Mister P, what do you think of the fortitide? I was thinking of buying the frame and fork as a upgrade from the rigid 26inch giant xtc I ride now, thanks

the-muffin-man

Mine…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

was going to swap to Munkster’s silver 853 equilibrium frame after a respray, but not going to now.

orena45

Here’s my CdF I picked up just before Christmas. Used mainly for commuting every day but also for local CX rides, and later in the year for some weekend touring. Really pleased with it 🙂

Commuting mode

CX mode

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Genesis "love-in"????…i.e. show me your Genesis bike photos….’ is closed to new replies.