Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Dark Peak ride Mon 16th Jan?
  • jekkyl

I’ve booked Monday 16/01 off work for my birthday to do this ride. Starting approx 9am at Castleton to do this ride: http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Routes/24879 pretty standard loop.

Finished by 3ish. It would be better if you’ve ridden this area before so you know what to expect from the climbs and the techy bits and also help with the navigation. There’s nearly always almost snow around the time of my birthday so it should nice and scenic if testing. I’ll probably be stopping at Castleton or Edale YHA the night before so I don’t have the drive in the morning.
    Email in profile if you fancy it.

jekkyl

bumpty bump.

thepodge
    Free Member

Yes but not sure I could get the time off even though I have spare days that I need to use.

mildbore

Maybe, not sure at the moment if I can, and I’ve been v sedentary over the holiday. Will let you know at the weekend. I could help with navigation and suggest 1 or 2 improvements, eg I wouldn’t climb Rushup Edge to descend Chapel Gate, much better to take the Greenlands descent from Mam Nick

oldnpastit

Sadly most of us have these unreasonable people called employers who expect us to show up at their place of work on a Monday for some reason 🙁

jekkyl

yes mildbore I didn’t realise that route included rushup edge, yes greenlands is definately the better option. Email when you can if you can. ta. biscuits will be mandatory!

BadlyWiredDog

Maybe if the weather’s nice and I’ve shaken off the Christmas lurgee of death… I’ll make a note and check back nearer the time. And now back to mainlining Lemsip Max 😐

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Dark Peak ride Mon 16th Jan?’ is closed to new replies.