• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone ever returned a frame to merlin? (mines dead!)
  • lordmerchant
    Free Member

I was changing the gear cables on my Merlin Malt R road bike when I noticed what i thought was a chip in the lacquer, on closer inspection it’s a snapped chain-stay!. I’ll be giving Merlin a call (closed now obviously) ASAP to see where i stand but have people had any good experiences with warranty returns (to put my mind at rest?)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I bought a ready made bike from them and it was too big and they were extremely helpful in sorting that out. Cant see any issue with the warranty on that to be honest.

lordmerchant
    Free Member

thats what i want to hear 🙂 Ive had a few dealings with Merlin in the past (always been excellent) im just naturally a pessimist.

Slogo
    Free Member

happy customer here.

You would of thought the insert would be the same as the inner diameter of the tube its going in.

good luck with the frame replacement

lordmerchant
    Free Member

@slogo – no idea mate.. I know nothing about bike construction I just love riding them 😀

rOcKeTdOg

That’ll polish out

stew1982
    Free Member

I’m with rocketdog – bit of elbow grease and as good as new

mamadirt
    Free Member

I too have had warranty dealings with Merlin with a cracked Commencal frame. They were fantastic – kept me informed every step of the way and sorted out a replacement with Commencal for me very quickly.

aazlad
    Free Member

They replaced my cracked Commencal a few years back and we’re apologetic and helpful.

nuke

One warranty experience with Merlin (not a frame) and they were very good…sorted quickly

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think they will probably fall over themselves to help.

I wouldn’t worry, they’ll sort it out nicely, ( IMO)

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Merlin have been really good the odd time I’ve needed warranty support.

And it doesn’t help that they’re close to where I work so I spend more than I should anyway 😉

Spin
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but was there not a dude on here that got busted a few years back because he exaggerated the damage on his merlin frame to get a replacement then repaired the original and sold either it or the new one on here?

From memory merlin found out and gave him a bit of a roasting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever returned a frame to merlin? (mines dead!)’ is closed to new replies.