Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone ever removed an acer laptop screen?
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

fell out with my trusty acer the other day,now the screen needs replacing!!! anyone,thinking bout using it as a desktop and removing the screen/lid as battery knackered anyway and using a conventional pc monitor,would it work without the lid? what is the name of the cble i require-the laptop has a 3×5 pin connection with the centre row offset,anyone help please?

jmason
    Free Member

If your model has a VGA port (it should do), you should have no problems removing the screen/lid and just using a monitor connected to that. It’s very difficult to connect anything to the laptop screen socket, for various reasons that I won’t go into.

chvck
    Free Member

I had a dell laptop that I took the screen off and just ran off VGA when I needed to, worked fine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Halfway there, been nursing it along though – it will snap the last bit of plastic soon…..

Cougar

This,

-the laptop has a 3×5 pin connection with the centre row offset,

Is that.

If your model has a VGA port

Laptop should run happily just with an external screen. You might need to enable it once it’s connected, usually Fn and one of the F-keys, look for a little blue picture of a TV screen on your keyboard somewhere around F5.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

thanks all-time to shop for a monitor,and place a wanted ad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone ever removed an acer laptop screen?’ is closed to new replies.