Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone ever had Guillain-Barré syndrome?
  • chojin
    Free Member

Without saying too much, I’m interested in recovery times…

nbt

Girl had it at my last work, she was off work for about 8 months IIRC

chojin
    Free Member

😐

sobriety
    Free Member

Paulosoxo of this forum had it I believe, and wrote a blog on it iirc. You could give him a try.

StirlingCrispin

Can I suggest you contact the Guillain-Barré Syndrome Support Group (www.gbs.org.uk). They provide free information leaflets for doctors and patients.
    Wishing you well.

ourmaninthenorth

Might be worth googling to get the old pauloxoso threads (easier than searching for old threads here), as I’m sure others – epicyclo? – had experiences.

Good luck.

chojin
    Free Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: Duped above link.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Just tweeted Paul, i’m sure he’ll be along in a bit.

chojin
    Free Member

I’ve just read Paul’s blog, eek. It sounds like it got him bad 😐

DickBarton

My dad had it…affected some muscle in his back. Left him paralysed for about a year with about another year of rehab to be fully recovered.

luffy105
    Free Member

My best mates wife had this three years ago and whilst it completely floored her at the time she did make a full recovery. I think it took about 8 months to get over it. Bloody hard thing to go through for all involved though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I had it, awful. I’m currently at work on a problem job, but will be free later, if I can help, let me know. .

I do voluntary work on behalf of the support group, doing hospital visits and the such like, there’s people across the uk who do similar, should you need help.

Email in profile if needed.

http://www.gbs.org.uk/

paulosoxo
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/guillian-barre

Here’s my original thread by the way.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Hey all.
    My mum (63) got gbs in jan this year. Lots of random symptoms (bladder blood clot, spiking bp) confused the diagnosis for about 10 days. The inability to walk was the big clue along with pins and needles in hands and feet. She had sickness bug about 3 weeks before.
    So once diagnosed off to Newcastle rvi for about 2 months. Fortunately she never ended up on a ventilator and the legs were the worst affected. The initial treatment was a plasma transfusion which was quite effective although didnt put her back on her feet. It seemed she may never walk again until she was transferred back to shields pending a rehab ward. The physio terrorist there was ace and she was walking with a frame the same day and home by the end of the week.
    By May she was able to manage stairs and buses etc.
    Unfortunately it’s turned chronic (CIPD ) and she needs plasma every 2 months although is now being tried on steroids but she hasn’t regained her fine motor control and still has the sand in shoes feeling.
    She had it easy compared to some such as Paul but still was a tough time and still is for her.
    Wish I’d seen Paul’s blog at the time especially with him a local lad.

Bregante

I had GBS approx 12 years ago. I was off work for 5 months and still have very minor symptoms now (not life changing but “there”) mail me if you need specific info.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

So then, how are we getting on?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever had Guillain-Barré syndrome?’ is closed to new replies.