Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone ever had DVT?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Have been working long sedentary office hours recently, and have had minimal exercise. I also struggle to get comfy at my desk as I’m fairly tall, to usually keep my chair at its lowest setting and tuck my feet underneath the chair in order not to be sat well above desk level.

For last 2 days I’ve had a post-cramp like pain in my right calf. It won’t ease with stretching, nor has it eased following a (rather weak) rub down from the Mrs. It also hurts more when I stretch my foot upwards. Pain is right in middle of calf and feels quite deep.

A bit of googling and I’m now convinced I’m about to have a pulmonary embolism. Will I die?

Suggsey
    Free Member

All things said in jest……if you’ve been in a position that you could have given yourself a clot yes you certainly could die, don’t ignore it or MTFU…..time to go A&E……you’re a long time dead!

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Get it checked out, I’ve had a DVT from groin to knee and I’ve been in agony with it and not able to ride my bike for 6 months due to having to take anticoagulants which meant I would bleed badly if I came off.
    better to be safe than sorry.

Caz xxx

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    luke
    Free Member

If you think it could be DVT don’t waste time asking on the Internet get it checked out ffs

My wife had it then suffered PE and had a filter inserted to stop further ones not nice.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I hate getting older

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I had one in somewhere below my knee, didn’t know anything about it, but ended up on warfarin for six months. Awful stuff 🙁

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Haven’t had DVT but I am currently having to inject myself every day to avoid it following an operation on Tuesday. As I have a phobia it is really difficult for me. Get yourself checked out quicksmart

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

There is a simple rule-out blood test called a d-dimer which in someone like you with a low Wells score, can rule this out quickly. We do it all the time in my surgery.

This isn’t something you can diagnose on the Internet or over the phone. See someone.

PeteW

As well as the recommendations to get checked out,

I’d suggest raising your desk (and monitor) up.
    Chop 5 bits of wood a couple of inches high, square-ish (from an old pallet or anything) and stick under the legs of your desk,so you can have your chair at a decent height and still get close to your desk.

Monitor can go on a box to lift it up too.

As a tall person sat a desk all day, this works well for me, and has helped to keep backache at bay. After changing jobs and not using my blocks for a couple of weeks, I could really feel the difference once I put a set back in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever had DVT?’ is closed to new replies.