Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone ever go for a late night road ride round the city they live in?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I had to venture out around midnight last night. Roads were deserted and it was great to ride along the city streets without being hassled by cars. Think i’ll do more of it.

druidh
    Free Member

Ok – so in real life, she kicked you out to cool off and you went for a ride.

We know, we know….

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nah – it was a ride to the shop to get some medicine for the boy with the shop being 5 miles away.. Decided to take the long way home as it was such a nice warm night. Boy was asleep by the time I got back.

voodoo_chile

what town zulu ?

barn
    Free Member

Yep. Love it.

Until I was introduced to this off-road lark by you lot, it was my favourite flavour of bike time.

thomthumb
    Free Member

have done london at 5am. amazing coming along a deserted embankment

brakes
    Free Member

lots of times in that London, mostly pissed, often on one of Boris’s Beer Bikes

paddy0091
    Free Member

Love to try London in the small hours! Nottingham is pretty nice to ride around at night(on the ratbike at 3am after leaving gatecrasher…)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Voodoo – Edinburgh.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

this is ace. if my body clock has forgotten what time it is after bunch of dodgy shifts its straight outta chorlton.. moss side, hulme, city centre, bellvue, reddish, heaton moor, heaton mersey, didsbury, and back for a brew.

Best around midnight.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I mostly ride home from nights out, less traffic yes, more drunks too.

robbo
    Free Member

There’s a charity ride called Niterider around London in June. Starts at midnight. 100km. Not done it but considering it…

smell_it
    Free Member

Will often ride out from a late shift, out and back through central manchester up to 3am ish. Have done the same in London and New York when I was living there, it’s a fantastic time to see any busy city.

meehaja
    Free Member

I love blasting round Leeds in the early hours! Sadly off the bike for a bit so its turbo in the basement for me!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

As others have said, a great time to ride any city is late at night. I rode back from a Delamere Monday night ride out through Chester and home. A hard ride in full but great solitude.

kaesae
    Free Member

I like riding my bike through the night and also driving my car, a lot of fun to be had up the town playing about on stairs and other urban stuff once all the pedestrians **** off! 😉

not so good at the weekends, club’rs 🙄

ontor
    Free Member

used to race a few friends round the streets and lanes of brighton at 2am

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Used to do it a lot a few years ago with a couple of mates,

Raced round York on our fixie’s under the lights, then a couple of bevvies and then try to ride home. Some really good times.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Heck yes, about 20 years ago around London; urban MTBing around the raised walkways of the Barbican Centre and around the City. Where I learned to ride up steps and how to go down a moving (up) escalator. And bent the forks on my ’88 Rockhopper doing a drop 🙂

Bregante

Regularly rode home at 2 or 3 a.m. Used to ride through Manchester at 5 every morning for a 6 o’clock start. It was my favourite part of the day.

Bez

Don’t forget that urban night riding opens up all sorts of normally busy places for a spot of trialsy fun. Spot the good stuff when you’re shopping, come back and poach it in the dead of night. Sorted.

donks
    Free Member

Often do a good evening ride to keep the fitness now I don’t commute anymore and sometimes just to get away from the wife’s cack telly I.e. biggest looser, towie etc,

darrell
    Free Member

dont live anywhere near a town, or civilisation for that matter

Rorschach
    Free Member

Used to finish work at 2-3am and spend an hour razzing round town….especially in the wet doing huge slide round the corners.Then they pedestrianized it all 😥

matt_outandabout

Aye, done Sheffield at kicking out time, was ‘fun’ weaving down west street partygoers covered in mud and snow at 2am…butter at 5am for early train journey, pre coast to coast – no one around.
    I also did a few round Liverpool on foot or bike – amazingly the Mersey is more attractive at dawn with no scouse accents around 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

All the time. Its ace innit? 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever go for a late night road ride round the city they live in?’ is closed to new replies.