Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Anyone ever genuinely seen something they can't explain. Ghost/UFO etc
  • thered

I keep seeing people riding around Cannock Chase on bikes with 3″ tyres.

nickc

I’ve also seen what I presume now was ball lightning. In a small park in Hong Kong, small ball of light, (football sized) did a lap of the small park near our home, this was after a massive monsoon storm.

At the time, to a small boy obsessed with Star Wars and Trek I was convinced it was aliens (obvs) 😆

richmtb

Saw a dead wallaby by the side of the road in Fife.

Couldn’t really easily explain that one. Then someone, probably on here, pointed out there are quite a few wild wallabies in the UK so a dead one by the side of the road didn’t necessarily involve the nefarious actions of interstellar visitors

trailwagger
    Free Member

Many years ago when I worked on a farm I saw an orange light hovering in the sky for about five minutes before it vanished. It was low on the horizon, aprox one mile away and the size of a satsuma (so work out how big that would be if its a mile away).
    My dad was with me, we both stood and watched it for five minutes.

I class it as a UFO sighting. As in it was flying and neither of us could identify what it was. I DO NOT class it as an alien/flying saucer sighting.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Notice how videos and photographs of UFOs, ghosts and big foot etc.. and disappeared since almost everyone carries around an easily accessible, low light mode, high definition camera in their pocket? Even though we take substantially more photos/videos now? 🙂

The aliens and ghosts must have had a thing for crappy old cameras…

mechanicaldope

I recently saw Donald Trump in a dog’s ear.

I one saw David Cameron in a pigs arse.

binners

On the way to work this morning I saw a Range Rover without a private number plate!!

True story.

matt_outandabout

Anyone ever genuinely seen something they can’t explain

How some people ever get past an interview panel and past history of leaving every job before the sh*t hits the fan and yet still become something senior in the council.

philmccrackin
    Free Member

went skiing once, in the days of Airtours Allocation on Arrival cheapo deals, landed a nice enough hotel in Sauze but copped for a basement room with no windows. we were only about 18 or 19 so were kitted out in mainly borrowed gear. my mate had borrowed a fancy new ski jacket of his dad, we’d gone & hit the apres one night straight after the lifts closed stayed out till 2 or 3am then the next morning there was no sign of this coat. he went round all the bars & hotels looking for this coat asking everyone he met if they had seen it. never found it. just ski’d about in loads of jumpers for the next few days, then one night i woke up to him talking to someone, only his voice, bare in mind in was pitch dark, ‘i muttered who the f*&k you talking to?’ he said, “whaa, someone sat on the edge of my bed i thought it was you..!?” we fumbled around for the light switch, turned it on, looked down at the end of his bed, and there lay the missing coat!!??

true story.

whenever i have relayed it, peoples immediate guess is that it was all an elaborate prank by him, but he was properly shaken up, and was skiing piss thru & freezing cold for a day or so… another theory is that someone from the hotel found it and brought into our room, but the dorr was locked, bolted and the key left in, and no windows remember, and why would they do it in the middle of the night…?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

once saw a light moving rapidly and erratically in the sky

Same here. Was looking towards Boscombe Down, but there was no noise and the movement wasn’t aviation like.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Was doing some tree work at a house years back. I knelt down to refuel my saw and thought I saw a boot or something like it at head level out the corner of my eye. It was enough for me to snap my head round only to see nothing. Anyways the owner came out with tea and got all upset while I talked to her about the work needed on this tree. Turned out her boy hung himself from it the year before, right above where my fuel cans were.

Well I’m pragmatic about this stuff, I don’t know that spirits exist and and I don’t know that they don’t so I’ll sit on the fence. I don’t feel the need to prove or disprove everything I see/hear/do and am secure enough to live without needing everything analysed and explained to me.

SaxonRider

binners – Member 
    On the way to work this morning I saw a Range Rover without a private number plate!!
    True story.

Don’t you work from home, binners? I don’t believe you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t you work from home, binners?

Depends on how you define work.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Something you can’t explain?

Both big Cathro and Andy Barlow clearing the gap not long before the end of Angry sheep @ inners. Mind genuinely blown.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Last year the potato masher went missing, we still haven’t found it and now we’ve bought a new one. Weird.

This is freaking me out. WHO STEALS A POTATO MASHER?!

When I was a lad I used to frequently tell my parents about the see-through man in their bedroom that used to wave at me and drink cups of tea.

Years later they told me how much it had freaked them out as they purchased the house after the former male occupant committed suicide.
    My pretty much straight laced mum also told us once of some other very weird events that took place in the same room.

As a skint teenager I once broke into an abandoned boarded-up hut in the middle of the night with a friend in an effort to get some warmth as we walked miles home from a night out in sub-zero temperatures.
    As the sun rose we found loads of torn up photographs and old cuttings etc scattered all around the several rooms. Then whilst talking to my pal in the middle of the biggest room we both saw a random shadow pass across the walls – then my mate started rubbing his shoulder, turned pale and bolted straight back out of the small opening we had squeezed in through.
    I sh!t a brick and burst out after him – to this day he swears blind that he felt something grab his shoulder.

I do love a good ghost yarn. I’d love to see a scrap of credible evidence captured, but im now firmly in the science camp in my boring middle aged years.

Cougar

I have a “lights in the sky” tale. Only a couple of months ago, I was putting the bin out one night and noticed three strange balls of light in the sky. They were kind of “dancing” around each other and swinging around the sky, moving smoothly in a pattern that wasn’t exactly a fixed pattern but far from erratic.

I stood there for about five minutes transfixed, trying to work out what the hell I was looking at. I thought at first that it might be kids mucking about with high-powered torches, but I couldn’t see any beams. Some sort of weird bio-luminescent birds maybe, rendered diffuse by clouds? They looked to be just inside the fairly low cloud cover, maybe 40 yards up, and seemed to be right over the roofs of the next block of houses. I walked down the street to see if I could find a source, but as I walked their relative position moved and I wasn’t getting noticeably closer (ie, they were obviously much further away than they appeared).

The next day someone who lives a few miles from me posted on Facebook, “anyone see three weird lights in the sky last night?” It came out in the discussion that a local pub had an event on, and it was probably searchlight-style illumination from them. There’s no way it looked like that to me at the time, my perception was way off the mark.

still have no idea what they were, apart from ball lightning of some sort.

Aside, I wasn’t sure whether ball lightning was a real thing or a myth, so I googled it. Got as far as typing “does ball” and Google helpfully auto-completed it as “does ball size matter”…

Euro
    Free Member

Driving down to Cork to see a concert (Michael Jackson). We left fairly early as it was a good 5 hour drive and took the back roads to avoid traffic. I had just finished my turn at the driving and was in the passenger seat. Something caught my eye out my window. It looked like a giant hare and it’s eyes were level with mine (so a good 3.5-4 feet tall). It ran along beside us for several seconds before peeling off into the distance. We were doing 90mph!

Recently (last xmas) me and my partner split up. She got the kids and i got the dog 😀 It was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in it’s head and was slowly getting worse. As i was working 12 hr shifts i asked if she could look after it as it wasn’t fair for it to be left alone for so long. A few weeks after she took the dog, i came home from work and heard the dog get out of her bed to greet me as i came home – as she always did. I waited at the front door for it to jump up for a wee pet then i realised the dog didn’t live with me any more. Was such a weird feeling. Later that evening my son rang to tell me the dog was put to sleep earlier that day.

Explain that ya bastards! 😆

Cougar

It looked like a giant hare and it’s eyes were level with mine (so a good 3.5-4 feet tall It ran along beside us for several seconds before peeling off into the distance. We were doing 90mph!

90mph? It was probably a STWer on a high horse.

Driving down to Cork to see a concert (Michael Jackson).

So you have genuinely seen something you can’t explain.

bails

…my parents …their bedroom

My pretty much straight laced mum also told us once of some other very weird events that took place in the same room.

Fnar.

Did they ever manage to explain the ectoplasm?

codybrennan
    Free Member

You know you’ve been lurking/posting on STW too long when its the second or third time that you’ve posted your ‘ghost’ story, but here is mine- and its true before anyone asks:

“I may have told this one before.

20 years ago. December, cold and dark outside. At mum and dads. Fell asleep in my old room in the attic, woke up about half 5 with my mum calling me down for dinner.

Went down the stairs, was about to turn left into the kitchen, glanced left, there’s my dad standing in the living room doorway,facing away from me, staring into the room. Something odd about the way he was standing made me pause for a minute and stare. Couldn’t place it somehow, like he was looking at something terrible on the TV.

Turned and went into the kitchen, there’s dad eating his dinner- turned around- no figure in the living room doorway any more.
    A little shocked, I mention it to mum and dad- dad looks surprised- mum doesn’t. Claims she’s been seeing a male figure around the house for years (not my dad).

18 months later and we’re waiting for the undertakers to set up my brother’s coffin in the living room after his death 2 days before in a motorbike accident. They leave, closing the living room door discreetly and leaving us to it.

We’re all in the kitchen, and dad takes the first step. He walks to the living room door, opens it, but stands there, unable to continue. I’m a few steps behind, and walk past him. As I do so, crapping my pants, I think- where and when did I seen him standing like that before?”

G

chilled76
    Free Member

I saw a big fat guy trounce myself and a lot of other guys on the tail end of a 190 mile road ride at 19mph average. He was pulling along like a freight train after 8 hours in the saddle, 4 or 5 of us kept dropping off the back.

I’ve never seen anything like it.. this is a true story, I’m not just taking the mick!

bowglie

Iwasn’t sure whether ball lightning was a real thing or a myth, so I googled it. Got as far as typing “does ball” and Google helpfully auto-completed it as “does ball size matter”…

LOL

Remember my mother and one of my uncles saying they’d seen ball lightning as kids/teenagers, I think I saw something on TV a few years ago that mentioned it is more common in places with high levels of air pollution. My ma grew up in inner city Birmingham in the 1930’s and 40’s – winter smog was really bad apparently.

Weird sightings wise, myself and OH saw what we’d describe as a UFO about 30 years ago. Travelling home late one winter night, clear sky, no other traffic about – we saw a really bright light in the sky, and just assumed it was a plane with its landing lights on. Guess it was about 2 or 3 miles away and 2 to 3 thousand feet altitude. We used to live near the approach to Birmingham airport, so used to seeing planes with landing lights on. Odd thing with this one is that it appeared completely stationary, but while we were wartching it, in a split second, it descended on a 45 degree trajectory and lost about a thousand feet of altitude. It stayed in that position for a about five seconds and then shot straight down into the ground. As soon as it hit the ground the light went out – no noise, bang, flash or anything. We carried out driving and a couple of minutes late got to a large traffic island on the A5, where there were 2 cars parked up on the verge of the island with their doors open and no occupants to be seen.

My OH was a physicist at the time, and I’m also a scientist – so fairly sceptical on most things. We think the cars were parked up cos the owners had also seen the ‘flying thing’ and got out to get a better look (rather than been abducted:)). I’m not convinced we saw an alien craft, but given the weather conditions etc., we’ve struggled to identify what it was – so, maybe we have seen a UFO?!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever genuinely seen something they can't explain. Ghost/UFO etc’ is closed to new replies.