Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone ever complained to their council about seagulls?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

As above driving us crazy! Waking us up at 4am every morning and keeping us up at night!! Do they count as vermin? Wish I could get rid of the big feckers.

Any chance of shifting this into the right forum…apologies.

Trekster

you need the big burd of prey which is currently being used in Dumfries town centre in an attempt to scare em off.

There has been a problem for years in town, now it is affecting surrounding areas due to above.

Dumfries has a river and the nearby Solway Firth so seagulls are to be expected. We have also recently covered our local refuse centre, it is all indoors, machine handled now by some new pioneering technology/system(big grey shed).

Biggest problem is people leaving out food(bin bags) which tends to be what they are coming inland to forage for. Remove food source and hey presto no(less)gulls.

You cannot shoot/kill gulls, they are protected by the very stupid law.
    Find and destroy eggs(not nest), seems to work as birds return to same place every year. Apparently they live/fly within a 35ml radius

http://bird-habitats.suite101.com/article.cfm/seagull_summit_held_in_dumfries

BigDummy
    Free Member

No, but I sometimes throw my shoes at the moon when God has annoyed me. I like to think this helps.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IdleJon

Try closing your windows so you can’t hear them?

uplink
    Free Member

Calcium carbide sandwiches left out for them should work

A bit like this

Spongebob
    Free Member

I love the sound of seagulls. Reminds me of the seaside, my childhood, happy carefree days.

Get some earplugs, double glazing etc.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

I had a big bird crap on my windscreen once.
    Didn’t ask her out again.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Isnt this a case of “dont live by the sea if you dont want seagulls”?

I too love the sound of gulls, its the constant barking of dogs and asshats driving by at 90mph in a 30 that cheeses me off.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ear plugs?
    The song thrush that starts up outside my window at 4am would drive me mental without them.
    Plus once they’re in I don’t get to hear the animals murdering each other in the woods at night 🙂

jimmy

was thinking just the same yesterday running down the cycle path. seagulls were just flocking around a local estate making loadsanoise. Its nice at first, ala Spongebob, but if they were persistent in our garden I’d have to buy some sort of pellet gun.

charliedontsurf

They have been nicking our chips for too long…. they should be rounded up and deported to america to help with the obesity crisis.

Seriously, i quite like them. have you tried moving somewhere really dull?

epicyclo

Spongebob – Member
    I love the sound of seagulls. Reminds me of the seaside, my childhood, happy carefree days…

Me too. I want to come back as one, they can survive on anything, and can sh1t on anyone 🙂

Del

usually only really bad for a couple of weeks IME. something to do with the young i don’t really remember.

IdleJon

Del – Member
    usually only really bad for a couple of weeks IME. something to do with the young i don’t really remember.

Around here it’s normally related to the amount of discarded chip wrappers after sunny afternoons.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

djglover
    Free Member

Move to a town that doesn’t have seagulls, maybe?

BigDummy
    Free Member

MisterCrud – Member

Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post
    …………………………………………..

MisterCrud – Member

Posted 55 seconds ago # Report-Post

Yes, we got it the first time. 😀

MisterCrud
    Free Member

Thank you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever complained to their council about seagulls?’ is closed to new replies.