Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ever been to the Philippines? good or bad?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about it for a few months and possibly scuba diving out there. anyone been? Good, bad, recommendations? thanks!

Trimix
    Free Member

You need to go to the Southern Islands.

I went to Manila on business – shockingly poor place, full of beggers. Shite.

Then I went down south where it was nice, poor and very little infrastructure but nice.

Thats where the best diving is. The north is over-fished / populated. Lots of dynamite use and poison fishing sadly. Check Yorkshire Divers for uptodate trip reports.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

hello Trimix 😉 was going to drop you an e-mail about it! guess we’ll have a chat when I next see you. GO to Woburn today?

Jason
    Free Member

I have been there on dive holidays a few times. Always to Sabang on Mindoro which is about 3 hours by car and boat south of Manilla. Very different to Manila. Great diving, I have dived in quite a few places around the world and I would rate this area up amongst the best. They don’t have the big fish of the Red Sea, but they have a much greater diversity of species. With a good dive guide the drift diving is exceptional. All the dive sites are fairly local so you don’t spend too long on the boat. I have always dived with Asia Divers who I have found very good.

Trimix
    Free Member

Yes, found yet another quality singletrack section that will make you grin and they were having a proper jump competition there. Got to see some real life backflips and 360’s etc. Brilliant to see that stuff for real, not on a TV screen.

(I really did waste my teenage years chasing women and drinking)

Rich managed to body surf the last part of the Hip line 🙂

Not that muddy, pretty good especially when the rest of the country is still underwater. See you soon – home made curry is ready 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever been to the Philippines? good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.