Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone elses ride get a free wash on the way back tonight?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Got a free wash off of mother nature tonight!

Hope everybody survived the commute back the weather in the NW was comparable to The Day After Tomorrow!

Clink

I rode in yesterday in the newly formed ‘Sea of Somerset’ 😯 – an entertaining commute, particularly in the dark.

allthepies
    Free Member

Windy darf sarf but no rain.

sheepshifter
    Free Member

8 mile commute and rain of biblical amounts at one moment had to stop couldnt see ahead of me for driving rain into my face.A big up to motorists for driving to the conditions of the road slowing down and giving me ample of room,unusual i know.Location lichfield staffs,waterproof gear lasted 10 minutes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

30 mile ride in the filth with lovely sunshine. Bloody windy on the clifftop path though.

baldman
    Free Member

Managed to get back just before the rain started, but most of my 13 miles was into a head wind. Tried coasting on a downhill bit and almost stopped!

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t ride in today – discovered my usual route in was under water last night on our night ride, and with the winds forecast for today decided it wasn’t worth the risk/hassle.

To be fair, I’d have got in and home in the dry, but the wind was vicious, and it’s thrown it down again tonight so far so the paths will still be flooded tomorrow morning as well.

Next day I have time to ride is Sunday morning – which is when the next batch of wind and rain is due to arrive!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Glad it wasn’t just me!

22.5 miles heading west from the NW Alpine village of Macclesfield this morning, into a monster headwind.

Most all of my colleagues are now confident that I’ve totally taken leave of my senses as I turned down several offers of a lift home tonight and set out in ‘interesting’ conditions; absolutely hosing it down. The blessing was having the wind behind me, but I was pretty impressed with the kit I had on that I was fairly comfortable for an hour and a half in it.

In retrospect – great fun.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant ride. Bridleway/Canal madness in the midden, wind to my back, lights on “incinerate”, Metallica on “!!!”.

Just taken stuff out the washing machine… it’s drier than when it went in.

Oooh, it’s like Christmas Eve… here’s hoping for some snow next. Narf.

richen987
    Free Member

Rode basck around 10, bike came back cleaner than when it went out, thanks to seaslskinz and gore I was dryas tho, sdo all good, cracking ride.

scaled
    Free Member

7 miles in to a serious bloody headwind, felt like i was going backwards at times

lemonysam
    Free Member

Quite the opposite, went for a quick blast round the chevin on the way back from the climbing wall and came out looking like I’d been the swamp thing.

nedrapier

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj3sIFtfb4g[/video]

votchy
    Free Member

Just back from a couple of hours round wyre forest, absolutely hilarious in the pishing rain, some of the stream crossings were a bit hairy but was just one of those rides where everything was fun, glad I fitted the swampthings last night, they are just the best all round mud tyre going

theotherjonv

drove back from Reading to Guildford and looks like the Bracknell area has had a downpour. Some drain covers lifted with water gushing out, and the A322 Bracknell to Bagshot that passes right by Swinley was flooded across the road, car in front of me nearly lost it as it hit the deep puddle.

On that basis – Swinley might be worth a miss this weekend, and gawd knows what it’ll do to the work carried out so far on the trails if it hasn’t been compacted yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone elses ride get a free wash on the way back tonight?’ is closed to new replies.