Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone else's ipad a bit past it…?
  • brassneck

Work just got me a nice new iPad Air 2 😛

It feels a lot snappier than my own 2 at home, but I can’t say the 2 is really stopping me doing anything. I’d try a backup / reset / restore .. or just a rest and only install what you want back (does anyone keep real data on their tablet alone? Shortcuts & links I suppose….)

dragon
    Free Member

It’s pretty dire that all these things become useless within ~3-4 years. No wonder the makers are laughing, never in the history of electronics have things had such a short life, it’s pathetic really.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Every product is subject to planned obsolescence. Companies don’t make money by selling just one product to each customer. And anyway the pace of software development is so much quicker than hardware development and ultimately it’s the software that we’re buying so it’s only a matter of time until the hardware starts creeking at the seems. It’s not so much planned obsolescence more like inevitable obsolescence and not unique to Apple products. In fact in my experience Apple products last longer than other similar devices. My MacBook is 8 yrs old and going strong happily running Yosemite, and my wife is still running an iPhone 4 (just), I’m not aware of any friend or work colleague running a similar vintage android device. In fact people I know running android devices seem to change them every other week.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Chromebook.
    Ain’t gonna slow down ever.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's ipad a bit past it…?’ is closed to new replies.