Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone else, who normally doesnt, had an irrational urge to bake recently?
  • amodicumofgnar

Seems to be an outbreak of cake creation and other sweet things amongst the men of these parts. Is it some form of manbake virus? Haven’t been watching chef type programmes. Also feeling the urge to hoard food – another symptom?

donsimon
    Free Member

Are you pregnant?

phiiiiil

I cook very occasionally; I leave that side of things to the gf. But last Friday she was out on a work do and I made a lemon meringue pie! It actually worked, and was jolly nice too. I may make another next time she’s out… 🙂

We don’t watch telly, so if it’s a baking virus I can’t think where I caught it from…

allthepies
    Free Member

irrational ? Perfectly normal IMO 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t know why but I never cook at home for mrs w and the kids, yet all of a sudden I’ve felt the urge to start cooking on a Sunday. Even asked the wife to get me a cook book! Oh the shame.

beej

Baked biscotti and ameretti last Sunday… ameratti were great, biscotti good for biscotti.

amodicumofgnar

Are you pregnant?

No, but there are days where I look down and can’t believe its not buda.

Latest thing was stemginger, apricot and dark chocolate flapjacks. Easy on the dark choclate. Found a banana based choclate brownies recipe and may go for that this week.

Baking does seem normal for STW given the amount of posts on it. So much so that there should maybe be a STW show in some unsuspecting village next autumn. An outpouring of cakes and creativity with some riding and beer.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Just done some cheese and mustard scones.

ton

i am just sat eating a very nice lump of choccy cake and whipped cream.
    it was baked by mrs ton this afternoon.
    she decided last night that she was gonna bake either on a saturday or a sunday every week.

i might add that we have been married for 20yrs and this is the 1st time she has ever baked…………. 😆

mintimperial

Yeah. Baked my first loaf of bread the other day. Perfectly edible too, I was quite surprised.

Woody
    Free Member

Just done some cheese and mustard scones.

Oooh, sounds interesting – recipe please.

After reading this thread I now have an urge to bake a banana loaf 💡

starsh78
    Free Member

jesus! yes here for some reason, baked some scones today 🙂

(used to be a baker by trade tho)

llama

christmas cake tomorrow

just about to soak the fruit, fnnnar fnaaar

mogrim

My wife loves telling everyone I’m a Domestic Goddess. Does wonders for my sense of masculinity.

Still, the snickerdoodles make up for it.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Still, the snickerdoodles make up for it.

Snickerdoodles are yummy.

We bake bread most days. But cakes are a rarity.

I will be making a Christmas cake. Nigella’s chocolate version is tasty.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

I too have the manbake fever, made my first ever souffle and they worked !!

simonjf63
    Free Member

No baking for me but I’ve got a pan of jerusalem artichoke and carrot soup on the cooker at the moment – all home grown veg

kokomojoe
    Free Member

Did my first cake this week for Mrs Kokomoes birthday—she was well pleased. Also managed to make some flapjack. Pleased with that also. None left within 24 hours. Hoping for personal tutoring from Nigella as a christmas present

petrieboy

Got one of these bad boys last month and have been producing bread, pizza dough, cakes and dog biscuits ever since. I’m not otherwise familiar with the kitchen so it is rather odd behaviour.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else, who normally doesnt, had an irrational urge to bake recently?’ is closed to new replies.