Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Anyone else watching tomorrow's forecasts
  • binners

A mate has just landed at Manchester Airport and said it was absolutely terrifying? The pilot aborted the landing as they were nearly on the ground, took it round again and put it down to a round of applause from all aboard

Heres some of them showing off their skills, filmed from the end of the runway today

😯

doordonot
    Free Member

Sounds like the barn roof is going to blow off here in the sunny south Cotswolds. Trees are yawing and the wind is roaring through the branches. Chilly wind but still dry.

aracer
    Free Member

Those pilots are earning their pay today.

ThePinkster

Currently sitting at the top of our office block (tallest building in the town) watching the water slopping back & forth in my bottle and regularly feeling my seat & desk moving. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

We have bins down in East Anglia…I repeat…BINS DOWN!

MrOvershoot

I would say its pretty bloody windy here in Liverpool, quite a bit of our office roof is now on top of 2 of our flour tankers, our scaffold tower has blown into the sprinkler reservoir and there are several sections of cladding peeling away from to warehouse canopy.
    We have also closed our side wheat intake as the tippers were swaying badly when only 1/4 way up.

aracer
    Free Member

Actually seems kind of nice here now – blue sky and sun. Going for a ride, wish me luck!

footflaps

I’ve phoned 999, Fenland rescue are on their way….

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It’s been a nice sunny morning here in Saltburn, I think we’re in Doris’s eye. Should get lively a bit later, think I’ll go for a ride on the cliffs.

dpfr

Really quite windy in the Bleak Peak. Sleety snow above about 1000 feet and the novel sensation of changing down and pedalling hard just to keep going downhill. What’s that about??

ads678

There was one down in Leeds this morning as well, although that could have just been due to area I was passing through!!

flaps
    Free Member

Currently at CentreParcs, Elveden. The trees are a blowing and the forecast says winds up to 62mph!
    The lad’s been looking forward to the mini boats for weeks, we’ve just had a call to say it’s been cancelled 🙁

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Slates off roofs, cars damaged, all sorts of debris in the road.
    When´s the storm expected to hit?

simmy
    Free Member

I’m in an extending lunch break due to having a driving test cancelled. Trees down, bins flying, debris on roads, traffic signals out.

Might stay off all day…..

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just over 9 miles pootling with due care and attention around the block complete. It was not too bad for most of it, but now there’s random stronger gusts, so headed back indoors feeling a little more with it than earlier!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Oh dear, hire van, galvanised steel palisade gate interface due to wind!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Just boarded the Cairnryan Belfast ferry, think I’ll skip lunch.

thepurist

Contemplating my plans for leaving the car here and riding home tonight and back in tomorrow. 18 miles each way, might just book a spin class tonight instead… though rules 5 and 9 are calling.

Klunk
    Free Member

Power cables down here, not lost any power though 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

That BBC Breaking News button is going to take one hell of a beating.

mildbore

We have Internet, phone, TV down where I live. Just wondering what level of outrage is appropriate towards virgin? On the one day the met office is advising us oldies to stay indoors I can’t watch Judge Judy and Murder She Wrote!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Windy ride around the New Forest in the CXer, the headwind back to the car after 4 hours ride was shite.

retro83
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve had, in the last hour or so, gusts of 50knts..

That’s breezy, makes my gurning effort on the bike seem reasonable..

Klunk
    Free Member

been maxing out at about 70 mph here, the house is creaking a lot 😯

neighbours fence has just gone!

jam-bo

No. long term weather nerd.

binners

Big tree down up our road, so the roads closed.

Just thought I’d post this up, as it made me laugh, and it was filmed up Latrigg in the Lakes, and we were up on the top of there on the same day, clinging on. It was a bit blustery..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr26sp6d3pk[/video]

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Trains from Birmingham all messed up, I’m back in the office till I can get a lift home.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Well I’m now stuck overnight in London.

Took an extra 2 hrs to get down this morning from Sheffield, via Cambridge. I could have turned back at Leics, but decided to be good and fight my way in to the office.

No East Mids trains back (cables down), no East Coast Trains (at least they’re not taking EMT tickets as they’ve got enough of their own problems) and there’s one chance of me getting home via Birmingham, which only has a tiny margin for error and leaves me stuck in Brum if it goes even vaguely wrong.

Arseholes. Bollocksing arseholes. 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Teachers at my lads school were kept behind as a big tree came down blocking their car park! A few other roads blocked round here.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    No. long term weather nerd.

Impressive knowledge – the guy made a good explanation at the end of the news last night, new terminology for me!

Quite a lot of road debris but wonderful post lunch walk in bracing winds and sun this afternoon. Not much Doris to be seen.

footflaps

All rather underwhelming in the end, ride home from work was a bit windy, but nothing special….

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

wot no snow.. just a bit gusty. I’ve had headaches that have lasted longer

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, took me a while to get out on my ride, and I was too late (that and my fitness isn’t up to chasing Strava KOMs without a huge tailwind). Not even as much tailwind as when I first took the KOM I was chasing. Though the upwind bits were probably more pleasant than they might have been an hour or so earlier and it got me out on my bike, so can’t all be bad.

CountZero

One lucky driving instructor who spotted a tree coming down with just enough time to stop, and one unhappy VW Golf owner whose pride and joy was practically cut in two by a large tree blowing over, fortunately parked and empty.
    Driving along the M4 between 6 and 7am this morning was a bit exciting at times, passing the big trucks it was like having a fire hose pointed at the screen, could barely see anything at all with the amount of spray and crosswind.

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else watching tomorrow's forecasts’ is closed to new replies.