Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone else waiting for lights from the Far East?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

There was a few comments regarding the shipping of lights when I ordered mine. It would appear they were right! Over three weeks now and its apparently still in Hong Kong? 👿
    Just be wary if you want one quick ish!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just me then!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Quick – Branded from UK

Cheap – China

Most I’ve known have taken about a month.

Murray

Me too. Waited 3 weeks for the light to show up on Singapore Post’s tracking site.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had stuff before and usually two weeks ish. Apparently they’ve installed some X-ray system at the airports which is causing the delays, who knows?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i am, order placed on the 8th Oct – arranged a friday night pub ride for tomorrow too 🙁

grum
    Free Member

I’m really so sorry for your order delay , as it’s busy season and Christmas is coming , So there are so many parcels from China to oversea, and as China customs is very strict , they check every parcels , especially the parcels which include batteries .It’s hard to ship out . So HK post are fall in collapes , you can search this news on google .

Waited over a month for an X2 from Lightmalls – it eventually got sent back to them. Still waiting for my refund.

flatpat
    Free Member

Solarstorm X2 head unit (without batteries) arrived yesterday from Lightmalls, was ordered on 3rd October.

We should have bought a job lot for every account on singletrackworld!

kevin1911

I ordered mine via ebay on Sept 19th. Tracking info shows them leaving China on 4th October. Still waiting. Ebay case opened!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

think im might just buy another from a UK seller and use t’other as a spare when it finally arrives – cant knock em for 30 rips….

kamenev
    Free Member

I ordered a light (not an X2!) from Lighmalls on 11.10.2013. According to 17track it left China on 19.10.2013 so who knows what happens now as this is my first experience of buying from China.

Also ordered the yinding from Fasttech at the weekend and that hasn’t been dispatched so maybe they’ve moved the X-Ray machines to Fasttech and hence the delays! Get that process earlier along the line!

Clobber
    Free Member

Where’s pussywillow when you need him?

theblackmount
    Free Member

ali express, 11 days, just arrived 😉

Kunstler

kevin1911 – Member

I ordered mine via ebay on Sept 19th. Tracking info shows them leaving China on 4th October. Still waiting. Ebay case opened!

I ordered a solarstorm from laptopartsupplier before that and hadn’t received it after six weeks. The vendor has offered to refund and asked me to pay them when/if the light turns up.

They stated that the have been problems with customs in Hong Kong after a battery exploded. They didn’t say if it was one of the solarstorms but if it ever arrives, I’m charging it in a bucket.

Murray

Mines’ just turned up, so not too bad a time overall (21 days) but the tracking was pants.

handyandy
    Free Member

Depending on which company makes the product (and it could be anything), the free/cheap shipping option is a container that gets put on the boat when its full. If you are lucky, it can take less then a week, or the opposite.

I’m waiting on some RC parts that I ordered nearly a month ago, so am just assuming the container is delayed.

Want things cheap from China? Prepare to wait.

bigblackshed

A couple of guys at work bought lights from China. One was from 7dayshop.com the other was from eBay. The first one took about a week, the eBay one was about a month.

I searched eBay and found the same lights but from a UK address. £20 inc free post.

LINKY Took two days to arrive.

felt
    Free Member

Bought mine on Amazon on the 30th sept. Arrived this week from China.

warpcow
    Free Member

I ordered a solarstorm from laptopartsupplier before that and hadn’t received it after six weeks. The vendor has offered to refund and asked me to pay them when/if the light turns up.

They stated that the have been problems with customs in Hong Kong after a battery exploded. They didn’t say if it was one of the solarstorms but if it ever arrives, I’m charging it in a bucket.

Mine took just under 2wks from them, but that seems to be before anyone else got in on the act and all the reports of dodgy batteries started appearing.

handyandy
    Free Member

Oh yes, good point. I had an email a few weeks ago saying there were delays with anything with batteries in it, due to a change in royal mail policy. I’ll see if I can find it and post it here.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mine has arrived. Just shown the mrs the exploder battery thread. She wasn’t amused…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

My chinese lights took about 6 weeks on the slowest boat from China. But that’s why you only pay £17 for them. But 3yrs on and they’re still going strong.

zippykona

Ordered October 3 and estimated date between 14 and 30th.
    Paid £21 post free from Australia. Starting to wonder if they will turn up.
    Ordered a shock from china on Thursday arrived on Monday. Luckily I needed the shock a lot more than I need the light.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else waiting for lights from the Far East?’ is closed to new replies.