Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone else useless at work the day after a night ride?
  • scaled
    Free Member

I’m sat here at my desk quite tired, zen and blissfully happy with all the associated endorphins from last nights MTB ride and this mornings commute.

I spent about an hour pouring over Strava data and eating bacon sandwiches, that leaves about 2 hours today that are unaccounted for, I can only assume that I’ve been sat here feeling good about myself and the fact I got to ride in daylight last night.

Maybe this lethargy is my minds way of telling me to sack work off for the day and go and ride my bike?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

that is a +1 from me

grum
    Free Member

I’m ‘working from home’ today after a great ride last night (followed by a few ales) but yes. Failed to achieve anything so far today.

sandwicheater

Find I spend more time resting sitting and have far less trips to make a brew (stairs involved).

binners

Theres the self-satisfied smugness factor to add in too, don’t forget.

“Did you watch Celebrity X Factor Ballroom Dancing on ice?”

“Nah, I was out in the hills on my bike with a bunch of unsavoury characters, then went to the pub afterwards”

“Oh…. well Russell Grant got voted off this week”

“Oh…. .”

jekkyl

it’s not so much the bike ride that makes me exhausted, it’s the staying up till 1am quoffing ale that gets me. I cannot just go to bed after a ride, I HAVE to stay up watching rubbish TV.
    Just out of interest what sort of time do you guys ride from & till?
    Generally I get out the door around 7.45 and finish at 11.

binners

I’m the same. We start about 8.15. Normally back to the pub 10.30-ish. Pint, then home. Quick shower, bung the bike away, then I’m wide awake until 1 at the earliest. Theres absolutely no point going to bed as I’ll just lie wide awake.

So its crack a bottle of red open, plate (or 3) of cheese and biccies and then catch up on what I’ve recorded, that Mrs Binenrs won’t be fussed watching. At the moment I’m working my way through the BBC4 World War 1 documentaries, after Monday Night Pub Rides. There are worse ways to spend a couple of hours, to be honest. 😀

aazlad
    Free Member

A couple of hours on the bike last night and productivity is definitely down today.

I think it has more to do with the post ride refreshment than the ride itself. I typically ride on a Tuesday and/or Thursday with big group of ‘unsavory characters’ (perfect description). A couple of hours on the bikes followed by a couple of hours in the pub. I try to stick to 2 pints but it’s almost always 4 which is just enough to cause broken sleep and a bit of a headache in the morning.

Most of my colleagues think we’re all mad but I love it!

rocketman
    Free Member

Usually out by 6 and back by 9. Cup of tea, get cleaned up, then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sandwicheater

If from home its start at 6/6:30 for about two hours and then an hour in the pub.

If from work we start at 7:30 for 2 or 3 hours. Straight home after that as I have to drive.

Find I go straight to sleep when I do rest my head.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah 3 pints last night after biking definitely didn’t help – one or two is ok I reckon. Got off to sleep ok last night but woke up a few times.

We were riding from 6.30 until about 9 I think.

Theres the self-satisfied smugness factor to add in too, don’t forget.

“Did you watch Celebrity X Factor Ballroom Dancing on ice?”

My smugness knows no bounds as I don’t even have a TV. 🙂

binners

Actually…. now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not actually arsed about the riding. I do look forward to my post-ride routine though….

😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else useless at work the day after a night ride?’ is closed to new replies.