Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Anyone else unable to take advantage of this glorious morning?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sun’s out, Sky is clear blue, but I’m stuck inside with a completely spangled back, all courtesy of twisting awkwardly putting a sock on just before my ride home on Wednesday. Somewhat fed up 🙁

Anyone else forced off the bike this weekend?

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Got my foot up with my angle bandaged. Sprained it yesterday after catching my sleeve on a branch as I went under a fallen tree and stepped into a hole. Stupid stupid stupid. Sun is streaming through the windows ….

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep I’m at work in Milton Keynes of all places, doesn’t get more depressing than this on a Sunday morning!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes after two hours of tennis, going out on my bike might be taking the proverbial. Doing a few chores to see if the pink ticket will be forthcoming!!

scandal42
    Free Member

Waiting for the perfect afternoon

flap_jack
    Free Member

in Milton Keynes of all places

MK’s ace. Great riding here, you just need to know where. If you’re at National Rail, say, there’s singletrack a mile from your desk.

However, I’m not out due to a head cold and resultant lethargy. Grr. Very annoying, as the wind is in a Straverly direction.

jedi

i was fortunate enough to meet my mate at the local skatepark at 9am for a hour roll on the 20. smashed the deck and hurt my back but will take it for the team nd ride at herts all day today too 🙂

caspian
    Free Member

Doing a few chores to see if the pink ticket will be forthcoming!!

Blimey 😯 What do you get if you clean the oven?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bit grey and dull in Walesland…..might get the 4x bike out and play at a few bmx tracks after the F1.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Took an hour out this morningin the rain exploring the woods and lanes near the house on the cross bike.

Oh this was the i didnt ride thread 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

MK’s ace. Great riding here, you just need to know where.

Yeah I work a 5 min drive from Woburn sands, ride there after work all the time and I love it. MK itself is horrid.

scaredypants

Oh this was the i didnt ride thread

it’s OK, you’re exempt if you’re on a shit

cross bike

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its like you saw me ….it is a bit shit , has specialized on the down tube and all that. I did try to stay out of view of the public….. No where near as niche as the steel is real day one…..

aracer
    Free Member

Hernia op 2 weeks ago – haven’t even been doing anything interesting to get my enforced stay inside.

rocket
    Free Member

Beautiful in Cambridge. Alas recovering from surgery 10 days ago. Been beautiful weather most of that time. Beginning to go slightly mad. Might try a gentle spin later in the week.

akira

Wife out on a hundred mile road ride so I get to look after the kids.

mcnultycop

Me, but I’m going to Lee Quarry this afternoon.

Dilwyn
    Free Member

Broken ankle here. Just watched the replay of the RedBull straight rhythm.
    Might watch the Brian Foster documentary (again) later.

Drac

Worst day in about a week here. Fortunately I’m working.

flap_jack
    Free Member

MK itself is horrid.

One of the great things about living here, it’s totally marmite ! I (and many others) love it, others hate it, nobody’s indifferent.

Bregante

Giving the Mrs the day off from kid duties as she’s been feeling like a single parent after a 90 hr working week for me.

airtragic
    Free Member

Coursework:( Bet it pisses down next weekend.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Sat in Saddleworth school with my lad who’s in a chess final won his first 2 games so fingers crossed ,besides I got special dispensation for a ride out yesterday ,was a good run but spoiled by the 1 second slower on my KOM I was chasing 2nd place is no place!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Dislocated my shoulder last month, rode the Manchester-blackpool-Rochdale night ride two weeks ago & suffered. Shoulder needs an op & tbh ive lost my drive to ride at the moment anyway.

carlos
    Free Member

Just been and donated blood this morning, so off for a stroll with the Mrs and the dog

Did Snowdon double yesterday so can’t complain

badnewz
    Free Member

Slowly losing the will to live as stuck indoors with various knee ailments.

Denis99
    Free Member

Took a bit of a tumble on Thursday.

Bruised and battered at the moment, sun is shining….
    Regards

Denis

kimbers

Had to go carbooting with wife, kids and mil , at mk bowl !!

Only been here a few months but its great, I get plenty of riding in other times, woburn, chicksands, Aston, chilterns all on my doorstep

(Its definitely ruined a bit by consumerism but it has to be the most cycle friendly city in the country, entire place is criss crossed with dedicated cycle paths, since we moved here my wife will now cycle to the station every day and picks the kids up from nursery/ school in the trailer
    There’s even a changing station with showers)

flip456
    Free Member

Thursday afternoons vasectomy has left me a little tender 🙁 so won’t be out this week.

flap_jack
    Free Member

@kimbers

that’s why we’re here – mrs flap_jack and I want to live a ‘cycling’ life and I don’t think it would be possible anywhere else in the country, or at least as safe and easy.

as for the consumerism, we hardly use the city centre, but if we need stuff we’re glad it’s there.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yes. I was chain – sawering in 32c. Hoping to get out in the bike tomorrow if the in laws cone over and take the kids out.

_tom_
    Free Member

Flapjack and kimbers, very true. It’s more just the lack of any character or anything going on I don’t like. It’s like plain white bread.

MoreCashThanDash

to see if the pink ticket will be forthcoming

That’s a hell of a euphemism!

If it’s any consolation, it was grey and murky most of my ride this morning. Lovely out now I’m sat while LittleMissMC has her swim training

paul4stones

Bad crash last Sunday night, smashing some face bones and twanging my neck. Not out today but delighted to be alive and not paralysed. There’ll be other nice mornings…..

Kryton57

Now on the medical version of a nuclear bomb going off inside my body to erase all badness – cocktail of antibiotics and steroids 18 tablets per day – to clear up a virus and chest infection. After two weeks now off the bike in still feel like crap, albeit less crap than yesterday so there is hope!

caspian
    Free Member

39th work day in a row here. Six more to go.

Brian Foster documentary

Anyone got a link for this? Or DVD only?

flap_jack
    Free Member

It’s more just the lack of any character or anything going on I don’t like

Character I can’t help with (that’s a taste thing), but blimey there’s loads going on.

e.g. the drum clash last weekend…

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

DIY accident last weekend meant no riding last weekend & none this.

Gonna try & get back on the bike to ride to work tomorrow.

mtbtortoise
    Free Member

No bikes as both nicked from garage. Appointment with Wheelies tomorrow.

ste_t
    Free Member

I spent this afternoon riding a shitty battered Dutch Bike up and down the Barcelona coast, eating paella and drinking beers on the roof terrace.

Not exactly thrilled to be flying home in 12 hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else unable to take advantage of this glorious morning?’ is closed to new replies.