Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Anyone else trying to d/l "Black Mesa Source" at present?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

I think a new gfx card is in order as I would like to play in 1920×1080 but I think my gfx card is a bit underpowered as I very rarely play pc games.
    I’ve got an onboard Geforce 8200 on my pc with an Athlon x4 635 processor, are there any good deals out there on new PCI-E cards? I used to keep up with this sort of stuff but I don’t even know whose better between AMD and nVidia these days.

unklehomered
    Free Member

tbh for this, it wouldn’t need to be awesome. You could pick up a 8500 and run it hybrid SLI and get the equivilent of of a 8600 out of it. I did that for a while it was ok. But I was running a 1080 and a 990 monitor. That would be pretty cheepy to give a go. Given your mobo I’d go Nvidia, you can use the hybrid power and switch it off when you’re not gaming etc.

lowey

Right, just got home… best links please ???? Ta.

Drac

Oooh forgot about this think I’ll set it away now.

lowey

NO worries lads.. torrents are loaded with it. Got it already. Going to be long old night.

HL was me favourite game ever.

unklehomered
    Free Member

They’ve changed things, which I quite like, and they brought some funny too… Bit glitchy getting on and off ladders, but so much fuuuunnnn!

Northwind

Just going through the Blast Pit, and is it just me or is this not very good? I don’t know whether it’s true to the original or not, but… It’s basically a rail shooter, except it’s a rail shooter where you can get confusingly lost because sometimes the one direction you’re allowed to go in, isn’t signposted at all. That’s OK in open world things but not in a linear corridor shooter, and especially not when all the corridors look the same.

Gameplay seems to be all about “go here, push button” and “quicksave then reload”- it just threw a bit at me where you have to <spoiler> and if you don’t do it in the time allowed (and there’s no way to know that you either have a thing to do, or that you’re on a timer) then you get dropped in a load of radioactive stuff and you die. Oh you got mashed by a tentacle? Reload.

And there’s hardly any different baddies so far, and the only time they’re any bother is when it does that crappy spawn-behind-you trick.

Oh and Gordon’s protective suit doesn’t have an air supply? Seriously?

Soooooo… Is this just what Halflife games are like? IE, sort of like quake one, except with less satisfying shooting and shinier graphics?

samuri
    Free Member

dunno yet, unzipping now. I’ve no idea what you like in a game but the original halflife for me was astounding. A bit edge but scary to the core. The face huggers would have me shivering in a corner.

schnor
    Free Member

They’re waiting for you Gordon … in the motion-sickness chamberrrr.

Its been about 12 months since I’ve played any FPS, 1 hour later and I need to lie down in a dark room for a week or so

samuri
    Free Member

Downloaded it in about an hour on Friday night.
    The steam SDK took longer to get. Not had chance to get on the home computer since though and it doesn’t run on a MAC.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh. Well that was a little frustrating.
    Did the train journey, get my suit on, went down in the first lift and now I’m stuck in the lift. Doors won’t open, lift won’t move. If I kill myself through falling I end up back in the lift.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And it’s complete

Time to get the achievements now

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else trying to d/l "Black Mesa Source" at present?’ is closed to new replies.