Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Anyone else trying to buy a Raspberry Pi?
  • wwaswas

Got mine from RS about a month ago – was a botu a 4 week leadtime between code to buy and it arriving.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends whether it’s a genuine 700mA supply or just labelled as such.

No it doesn’t, my genuine 700 supply doesn’t cope with it, neither does my adjustable desktop supply set at 700mA. It’ll boot without network connection no problem, but as soon as you throw in the network connection it still boots but never gains an IP address. I’ve not tried it with higher current yet as I’m too snowed under and 750’s the limit on my supply. That said, the paperwork does recommend a 2000mAh supply.

andytherocketeer

Registered interest via RS a few days before Farnell.

For me, Farnell was about 10 weeks from registering interest to shipping date.
    RS was 10+ weeks from registering interest, to invitation to place order. Then an additional 14 weeks (might be down to 10 now) estimated lead time for delivery.

Depends what you want to call “lead time”, but 10 weeks is substantially less than 24 weeks.

acidchunks

Sadly mine is still sitting in its box as I’ve yet to get around to buying an memory card for it.

For those that have theirs, may I ask what class of sd cards you’re using? I’m wondering if its worth spending a few quid more on a higher class card to improve performance. cheers 🙂

stuey
    Free Member

acidchunks I’ve not noticed any difference between type 4 and type 10 SD cards. However XBMC has been fickle with different brands of cards. Should all be fine with final release.

8GB samsung class 10 -£7 at play.com my current fave

andytherocketeer

Mine’s an el cheapo 4gig class 6 SDHC Hama one. Used to be one I used in the netbook and as a Linux etc. install media, but all the small plastic bits between the contacts started breaking off. Bonus with the Pi is that the SD slot is totally open, so if more bits break off, I can easily remove them.

Got an 8gig Class 10 Sandisk to use for something too.

BrickMan

Wow, yet more work/life/biking forum related cross over, this is beginning to get annoying!

But anyway, we got one last week straight away, think it came from ebay?

Anyway, we have 2 3D plastic printers, so if anyone really wants a case made/printed out, hit me up and we can work something out (faster4tec AT gmailDOTcom).

FWIW we have a class 10 card in there and really doubt its actually any quicker on that device than a class 4 would be.

I think we’re trying to get ours’ set up as a super compact wireless 4 way video server

nwgiles

Got mine plugged into the telly

acidchunks

Thanks Stuey! 8gb class 10 for £7 sounds like a bargainous deal to me 😀

tootallpaul

Brickman- interested in the case, and I’ve dropped you a line…

P

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else trying to buy a Raspberry Pi?’ is closed to new replies.