Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Anyone else sweaty, dirty, battered, knackered and happy?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

What a fab day! Hot, sunny, biking up on Conwy mountain and the Carneddi – dry dusty fast trails, lots of laughing, pretend racing, uphill sweating and downhill blasting 🙂 And added to the mix some new riding buddies, lots of wild ponies with their foals, ancient stone circles and burial chambers. Hardly anyone else up there, so had the hills and tracks to ourselves, and even rounded the day off perfectly with an ice cream at the top of the pass.

Has re-invigorated my love of mountain biking at the point when my transformation into a roadie was nearly complete. Just need the time to fit them both in now (along with bouldering, hiking and kayaking – damn I wish weekends were longer!)

So glad I’ve not grown up like a normal girl, otherwise I’d have to spend my time shopping!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, cracking days ride. Hot and dusty. Now home sitting on the terrace with a cold beer. (cold shower was sooo good).

Sporting some awesome cycling tan lines.

scaredypants

you have got the tea ready though, yeah ? 😉

Got a bit of a ride in this afty – hour and a half round the forest of new. MANY ponies, bit low on burial chambers and really quite muddy among the trees. Only other riders I was were at a pub or on horses. Good ride, all in !

TheBrick
    Free Member

just got back from riding round the New Forest too. Particularity boring it was today. Nice to be out cycling though.

rondo101
    Free Member

Just had a shower, so not sweaty or dirty, but certainly battered, knackered and happy. 5 hours in the welsh hills.

Dancake
    Free Member

I wish

internetidiot
    Free Member

Great afternoons riding. Met up with 3 young boys, all around 10 years old, and showed them the local jumps, then hung about doing jumps and skids with them. Simple pleasures eh? 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yup, have some pretty good cycling tan lines as well … although I’ve just showered and pulled on a dress and I’m not sure the glove / socks / t-shirt lines really suit it!

And Scaredypants – fortunately live on my own so no nagging OH to make dinner for … although if someone fancies coming round and cooking for me that would be great, and I can then continue to chill out on the patio with a cold drink watching the boats sail past 🙂

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I never had a pass today and I’m gutted with a capital G 🙁

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

100km over the ridgeway, fantastic

tazzymtb

sounds like a fab day out, you luck, lucky lady. Just remember no one likes a show off* 😉

*purely based on the fact that I’ve been stuck indoors looking at the lovely weather whilst in the middle of a childrens party, but the cake was yummy

carlos
    Free Member

Not really battered but yes to the rest. A nice 20+ round The Peak, was quite dry considering the weather over the last few days. Loved getting muddy mind, didn’t enjoy the heat so much and all the breezes were head on ones. Glad I opted for the Mtb and not the Roadie though.

Think there was a trailquest on as saw a fair few with maps fixed to the bars, some quite cute horsey girlies and a few chatty walkers. All in all a good day out.

gusamc
    Free Member

yep fab day,

early start, saw local green woodpecker out of window, then about 22 miles of exploring (and footpaths) S of Reading, some cracking bits – dark forest, opens forest, some awesome meadows, some rather irritting nettles, then home, nearly burnt hand on garden wall it was like the heart of the sun, weeds pulled, lawn mowed, window sill rotten bit filled, ants dissuaded, now showered, couch visted, popcorn eaten, time for a nice cider, what a glorious day

spev

Dirty and battered yes, didn’t get very sweaty, knackered or happy though as I went over the bars and landed on my elbows, now my right arm wont go above chest height again. Kilvey Hill was covered with Riders looking for checkpoints on the MTB bit of the Swansea Burn

ononeorange

Yes – although less battered and more stung and cut. I am slowly recovering from an ankle op in April, pushed it up today from my previous maximum 15 miles to nearly 40. Physio will go nuts, ho ho! Flipping tired (forgot to take food) but really happy.

The only thing I couldn’t believe was the amount of mud – it was like winter in places.

Excellent call Sue on the biking etc / shopping preferences.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yeah and I only went out with the roadies!

hugor
    Free Member

Just got back from a week in Spain with the parents. It was lame. To return to a cracking 28 degree day in Wales was my greatest fear. Bet it rains for the next week now.
    What I’d give right now to be dirty, sore, dehydrated and drunk right now after a cracking ride!
    I’m jeolous for all of you!

Sue_W
    Free Member

spev – that sounds bad 🙁 maybe a visit to the doctor would be wise?

Special_ized_Jamie

Went out early to try and avoid the worst of the heat but didn’t really help as a I stayed out most of the day.

Absolutely fantastic ride around Ashton Court/50 Acre. New trails are started in bed in nicely just a pity it was so busy! Guessing everyone had the same idea we did.

*touch Wood* summer is here and long may it continue *touch wood, actually slam wood*

spev

Nah, its getting better the less I do 🙂 it has buggered my plan to go either surfing or power kiting on tuesday though, might just float in the ocean instead

transapp
    Free Member

Yep, nice 3 he ride this morning. No dust though – winter tyres, mud an slippery death roots! Maybe dusty by mud week but still great fun

wwaswas

Did the Wiggle Soyth Downs Epic. 44 miles, 5300ft of climbing and muddy/sloppy most of the way round.

Really enjoyed it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Was sweaty; now clean. I pity my fellow travellers on the 14:18 from Martins Heron to Waterloo. I mustuv stunk. Fortunately for me, I have no sense of smell. 😀

Was contemplating having to bury WCA, but it turns out he was actually still alive and always looks like that.

Battered my left foot on a tree stump; proper stung that did. I reckon most of Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey probbly heard the swearing. 😳

What a beautiful hot day though, eh? None of this usual rain nonsense! Knacking me foot early on put the kybosh on having a longer ride, but still managed a few fun miles with WCA.

Now here’s hoping some nice hot sunny weather hangs about for the next couple of months.

I’ve just showered and pulled on a dress

Ooh…. 🙂

I am currently naked, as it’s too hot even for pants. It’s ok though as it’s perfectly natural and healthy.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I am currently naked, as it’s too hot even for pants

I was a bit sick then

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No there’s no need to be ScottChegg; it really is quite a lovely sight to behold.

And it’s as Nature intended. What could be more beautiful?

internetidiot
    Free Member

Battered my left foot on a tree stump; proper stung that did. I reckon most of Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey probbly heard the swearing.

ahh, thats what the noise was!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, that’ll’ve bin it!

God, did it smart. Thought I’d broken me foot at first. Proper saw stars and everyfink. Foot’s a bit swollen and no footie tomoz night. 😥

I wanted to apologise to that pretty blonde lass on the green Spesh Enduro, but it looked like she’d fled in sheer terror. 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Started at 8am to avoid the predicted heat and had a lovely 3-4 hours out 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

7 hours on the road bike.
    7 hours of headwinds,endless climbs,dehydration and sunstroke.The wheels fell off the wagon spectacularly at about 110k and was damage limitation from there on in.Can’t actually remember the last hour!
    I love roadbiking……I do,honest.

tony24
    Free Member

started at 9 finished, home by half 1 fantastic time riding although i thought it was going to be dry and god was i wrong… i was covered in mud and the bike was a right mess.

still having the sunshine beating down just brought smiles all round 😀

Carpediem
    Free Member

I had a lovely Lamb roast dinner, then headed up Afan and did W2 in the sunshine.

Home now,showered, drinking cold lager and eating a Cucumber sandwich . . oh and a new episode of Top Gear is on in 10 mins.

Top day!!

juiced
    Free Member

nice day pushing, descending and playing.

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

Battered, knackered, sweating like a r**ist, nettle stings buzzing away on shins and forearms, front wheel with minor pretzeling.

Drac

Hot, dirty and sweaty but not happy I’ve been at work all day.

Blower
    Free Member

im jealous..boring local ride this morn zzz

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but doing a valuable job though Drac.

anto164
    Free Member

was a great day. rode dega black followed by watching the bds @ llangollen.

Even got a tan.

Ambrose

Sue, Rondo. I waved to you both from the top of Snowdon this morning in anticipation. I too am now sparkly clean, with loads of grins.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Waves back at Ambrose from the patio in Conwy on the basis that he would have been on the top of Snowdon far earlier than the time I managed to get my lazy arse up onto the Carneddi.

Snowdonia rocks when the weather’s like this, doesn’t it 🙂

Ambrose

It certainly does. Waves back from my patio overlooking the Beacons 🙂

Mind you, Penmachno was a bit moist yesterday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else sweaty, dirty, battered, knackered and happy?’ is closed to new replies.