Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone else struggle with Twitter?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of Twitter. It is hard to “read” conversations, but it’s more that it often seems to encourage showing off, attention seeking and clever-dickery more than other social media platforms.

I’m happy to focus more on FB and Instagram personally. Insta in particular is much more chilled out. Just dip into Twitter now and then, and obviously I can come on here if I fancy a pointless argument with a stranger.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m on Twitter but haven’t visited/used it for several months now, just seem to have fallen tired of it. Checking it out got rarer and rarer over the last year, you need to be checking it regularly to keep up with stuff and I’ve better/more interesting things to do.

Don’t use or visit any of the other social media platforms though I suppose that depends on whether you consider forums like this to be social media or a version of the old bulletin boards.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i follow too many people to keep up, can’t see replies, too many adds. Most interesting people are linking to insta: where i already follow them.

Usage seems to have almost levelled out . I wouldn’t be surprised if it follows vine soon.

lowey

I’m with you OP. Its like a dark art which completely baffles me.

I;ve had people sit down and explain it all, even my daughters tried. Its just like there is a complete mental block.

I’ll stick with FB.

sweepy
    Free Member

I can’t get my head round it either, mind i’m on facebook and have 4 friends- all blocked.
    My Mrs has over a hundred followers despite never once tweeting anything

allthegear
    Free Member

There are automated accounts that will follow people. That’s how you can end up with them without tweeting anything.

As it happens, I am an obsessive blocker of accounts I don’t think are “real”. Probably block 3 to every one that gets to stay.

Rachel

sweepy
    Free Member

That’s a shame, I had visions of them all huddled over their computers, waiting 🙂

rs
    Free Member

I use different social media for different things, facebook for contact with friends, although thats largely unused these days because its full of pish. Instagram to follow mountain bike folks, and then twitter for work where I follow transportation/urban planning type folks who are all very into it, but it is probably the most useful as it keeps me up to speed with latest trends in the industry.

kayak23

i’m on facebook and have 4 friends- all blocked.

😀

I’m heading this way. If I see one more inspirational quote or clickbait rubbish. 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else struggle with Twitter?’ is closed to new replies.