Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone else struggle to stream on LoveFilm?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Im a numpty when it comes to wireless/internet/media etc. So I don’t know what is causing the problem, but i’d say at least 50% of the time when I try to stream a movie through LoveFilm, it either fails to start, or stutters its way through playback.

Tonight it’s driving me mad and i’m close to cancelling our subscription.
    But what is causing this?
    I (supposedly) have a 20mb internet connection via Virgin. Ive tried ‘pinging'(?) on one of those internet-speed websites and it seems to come in around 8mb.. but not sure if im looking at correct figure.. is ‘upload’ the one im after?
    Im using a PS3 to stream, anyone else have issues here?
    Im not noticing a connection to busy network times, it seems fairly random. But, ‘high quality’ playback usually fails more often the ‘standard’. Although, ‘standard’ is by no means faultless.

Basically, should I rant to Virgin or LoveFilm, or Sony?..

legend
    Free Member

No issues here either on PC or Xbox

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I haven’t tried on my ps3 yet but on my laptop it works fine and I have a download speed of <1mbps. It shouldn’t have anything to do with upload speeds. How far is your ps3 from the router?

StirlingCrispin

No problems here – although it wasn’t working on Friday afternoon for a couple of hours.
    Had it working nicely on 3Mb broadband (download) through the app on the Sony Bravia TV, and it flies on 27MB I have now (installed on Friday).
    Getting HD quality now – better than through the cheap DVD player.

I do have the TV connected to the Wifi router through a CAT5 cable rather than WiFi.

Does it work through PC?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As above – reading ‘tween the lines I’d guess its not your broadband.

So your PS is connected wirelessly (if I read your post correctly)? How fast is it at doing other downloads / updates? Do you have other wireless devices? Do you know for sure that your neighbours arent sharing the same wireless channel?

Have a read of this for why we left Virgin (there was probably eventually a fix but it was easier to get O2).

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Wireless-N-Channel-Conflicts/td-p/226845

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As above – reading ‘tween the lines I’d guess its not your broadband.

So your PS is connected wirelessly (if I read your post correctly)? How fast is it at doing other downloads / updates? Do you have other wireless devices? Do you know for sure that your neighbours arent sharing the same wireless channel?

Have a read of this for why we left Virgin (there was probably eventually a fix but it was easier to get O2).

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Wireless-N-Channel-Conflicts/td-p/226845

slimjim78
    Free Member

PS3 is about 2ft from router. Never tried running through laptop but seriously doubt this laptop is even capable.
    Just ran speedcheck, we seems to be getting (currently) between 1.7mbps and 2.2mbps download speed, so im thinking I need to speak to Virgin.

Although interesting to read above that its been running fine at less than 1mbps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else struggle to stream on LoveFilm?’ is closed to new replies.