Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone else still waiting on their Whyte 146 Works?
  • stevenieve
    Free Member

Ordered mid October, still no sign of it.
    Retailer’s been telling me it’s expected end of one month, start of the next month since last December.
    Distributor can’t even be bothered to return an email.
    Phone call to ATB has them saying I need to sort it out with my retailer.

matt23
    Free Member

I orderred one last sept/oct and was told the same rubbish by ATB….coming in end of the month…..few delays etc.

Cancelled the order with the LBS and got a Nomad……IMO cut your losses and look for another bike unless you really really want it.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Matt, seriously tempted to bin the order If I haven’t heard back from them by start of May.
    £4k refund would go well towards a nice Carbon Nomad with a CCDB.

wwaswas

you paid £4k in Ocotober and still haven’t got a bike?

matt23
    Free Member

It’s gutting because the bike they have designed looks awesum but ATB sales gave no info to myself or the LBS and as much as I wanted to rage at them I didn’t want my order being passed down the Q and I carry on waiting for the bike. The LBS still have the bike on order and are waiting patiently…..cancel the order and get a Nomad or anything….can’t fault my Nomad but I’m sure others will suggest other bikes 😆

stevenieve
    Free Member

Paid a 10% deposit in October to supposedly secure the bike.
    Paid the remaining balance in 2 instalments at start of the year thinking, ah well! only the end of month to wait.
    Crazy isn’t it!

kevin1911

That’s beyond crazy methinks 😉

Surely the LBS won’t have been invoiced for the bike yet, so they’ll have your £4k in their bank earning interest!

Personally, I’d be nervous about the bike shop going bust or something…but that’s just me 😉

neil853
    Free Member

Its a fantastic looking bike (i thought about one) but there are others out there.

I went for a Blur LTc

wwaswas

I’d be nervous about the bike shop going bust or something

+1

It’s a lot of money sitting in what’s effectively an agent’s hand for a product that the importer is unwilling or unable to make any commitements about delivering.

Markie
    Free Member

Get the money back and then decide what to do… if you decide it’s still the bike for you then get one when (if?) they do eventually turn up.

kevin1911

Moosecycles website reckons they have a medium in stock…

Alternatively, what about a Lapierre Spicy 916? Or an Ibis Mojo?

Wish I was in your shoes 😉

dseenya
    Free Member

Last time I went past Moose cycles they had the bike on display in their window.

showerman
    Free Member

had to wait 6 months for my ibis when they had not even been imported into the uk 3rs ago,no deposit but emails each week telling me why the delay
    you are being messed about by atb what are they going to be like if you have a problem with it after you get it. cut your losses and get your money back
    not wishing to be rude but that was a really stupid thing handing over 4k hope the shop will give it back get an ibis no looking back for me.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

stevienieve – with that level of money involved (£4k!!) and ATB being shoddy with all the delays & no updates I’d take your money elsewhere quite frankly. Mojo’s are better frames anyway… 😉

fbk
    Free Member

This really surprises me – I was seriously looking at the 146. It’s a lovely looking bike, seems to be the ideal upgrade from my current bike for the type of riding I’m doing now and I’ve had nothing but excellent service from ATB Sales in past years (enquiries, warranties etc etc), so I’m keen to stick with them in the future.

I’d be interested to know which LBS you’re dealing with and how much effort they’ve put into getting the bike..

stevenieve
    Free Member

fbk, don’t really want to name and shame the LBS,
    If they are to be believed it’s down to ATB’s supply or under estimating demand.
    Doesn’t help either when you read reviews saying they’ve had their bike for the past 3 months.
    It’s not like I’m on the phone harassing them every week for a delivery date, but last time I phoned it was a case of ‘don’t phone us, we’ll phone you’

Kevin1911/Dseenya, Moosecycles could be getting a call shortly if it’s a medium.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Order cancelled, full refund.
    Told next shipment of 200 bikes should be mid June, yet another month away.
    No guarantee my order is one of them.
    Sod that, enough’s enough.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else still waiting on their Whyte 146 Works?’ is closed to new replies.