Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else still using – Flickr Pro?? What's the benefit?
  • stumpy01

A couple of years ago, Flickr changed it’s t&c’s so you got 1TB storage for free, which made paying for their ‘pro’ version seem a bit pointless.
    But, up until then that is what I had been doing, and have continued to do so. I recall that at the time, there were some benefits to doing this, but they have been lost in my brain to the mists of time.
    I’m wondering if the $25 is still worth it (works out to about £18).

As far as I can see, Pro means Flickr is free of ads, you get stats on your photo’s (which I never look at) and there’s a desktop Uploadr to back up images (hmmm, which I have never used).

Yeah, it’s not a lot of money over the course of a year but kinda talking myself out of it just by writing this post….

Anyone else keep their Flickr account Pro spec….?

footflaps

Yep, had a Pro account since about Day 1.

I like the stats as I can see if people link to photos etc….

scotroutes

I still have a Pro account. Like the OP, I’ve sort of lost track of the benefits. However, I’m happy to pay for a service I’m making use of (a bit like STW).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting. I pretty much stopped using Flickr when it became so difficult to post links to photos on here. I have a few legacy photos there but when I get round to it will move everything to photo bucket.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still pro, but I reckon the card expired a while back so not sure why, I did know one of the developers along the way though. Linking is still easy from everything bar the app so I just open it in a Web page now (not the mobile optimised one)

STATO
    Free Member

Pics are as easy to post/link as they were originally, it went through a phase it was near impossible to do but that was during a site refresh. Cant do it from the app, have to use a web page, not that hard and your already fighting an uphill battle trying to use this site on a phone anyway 😆

I only really stopped using it heavily when they made a change to the apple uploader and it all went wrong. My internet connection is so slow now I just don’t bother uploading other than a few from my phone.

footflaps

The only thing which annoys me is the iPhone App uploads photos in a random order, so if I take 10 photos showing the steps to do something, they appear on the web in random order.

stumpy01

Hmmm. Still undecided. I use Photobucket for most of my uploading although most of that is just if I want to put a pic on here.

I only signed up to Flickr originally for the pic/day thing which I haven’t done since 2013 & the camera barely gets a look in at the moment apart from baby snaps.

Will probably cancel it and see how I get on. Can always start paying again if I start using it a bit more….

STATO
    Free Member

I noticed that, but I put everything in albums anyway so those sort by date. Don’t use the photoroll bit much.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Still pro, but I reckon the card expired a while back so not sure why,

I’d check your bank statements. I was surprised to find a regular payment I make seemed to have continued long after my address had changed (ie the company requesting payment had the wrong address) and after a card had expired.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

was surprised to find a regular payment I make seemed to have continued long after my address had changed

The bank account in a different country doesn’t exist anymore, I’m fairly happy with that arrangement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else still using – Flickr Pro?? What's the benefit?’ is closed to new replies.