Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Anyone else still clinging on to their winter tights??
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

I dunno about anyone else but I’m still wearing pretty much the same clothing for my bike rides as I was wearing back in Jan, minus maybe one thing layer on top! I really to start being able to wear 3/4 tights (only wore them once this year), think it’ll be a while before I’ll be wearing shorts 🙁 . How about the rest of you all?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

MTFU

I commute year round and only wore tights a couple of days back in the snow

MM tuff Londoner

JAG

Same here. Riding the HONC tomorrow and I’m planning on longs 😀

njee20
    Free Member

I think tomorrow will be the first day ill get my shins out! Went out this morning in tights, and was a bit warm!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed Sir, winter longs for quite some time now, but this last week or so I’ve been in 3/4’s..

*Blows some warmer air up North for ya’s*

rusty90
    Free Member

Bought a new pair of shorts and some Goretex boots this week. I know which I’ll be wearing tomorrow. I don’t buy the MTFU approach, if you’ve got appropriate clothing, wear it.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

As I have only the one pair of knees, I’ve been looking after them of late! Did go for 3/4 (with knee pads) under the baggies the other night in the sleet, but I think my shins were blue when I got home. Still, summer’s only just round the corner… isn’t it? 8)

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I don’t buy the MTFU approach, if you’ve got appropriate clothing, wear it.

Yep, makes sense!

Weasel
    Free Member

I was thinking of putting some of my winter gear away in the loft tomorrow, could be a bit premature.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I moved into bib shorts last week on the return leg.

Snowed and hailed and hurtlike hell.

Leg warmers back on for the rest of the week.

Supposed to be double figures here this week yay. Might try again.

How ever il still need longs in the morning.

Klunk
    Free Member

my knees were on display today and the jacket came off mid ride, you’re a bunch of jessies 😉

Drac

It’s not beet cold enough.

vorlich
    Free Member

Double digit temperature here today. Trails running quite well 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

Off to Majorca Monday. First ride there will be the first time my legs come out this year.

crossland
    Free Member

Legs most definitely in today in the North Cotswolds, I shan’t be MTFUing for a while yet I think

martinhutch

35 miles in the Dales today. Only wished I had tights and a jacket for about 10 of them…

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s got to be mid to late teens to tempt me away from my longs. Not even close so far.

emac65
    Free Member

Had the first ride of the year without leg warmers today,it’s been that long since that’s happened that I felt half naked !

tinybits
    Free Member

Still in wind proof tights on the roadie, and mostly on the mountain bike as well. Have dropped a waterproof shell on top, but was shorts and t shirt this time last year. Ah we’ll, it’ was complete waterproofs doing the garden storage lockers earlier today!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bib longs on for todays road ride. They will be going in the bin now though as the pad has given way and I’m now missing some skin on my bollocks!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

LOL muddy dwarf!!

stufive
    Free Member

Still wearing leg warders and wind proof with feet covers on the way in, I could prob do without them on the homeward journey but I have to wear them as I need them the next day

oldgit
    Free Member

Longs since late last year

crikey
    Free Member

Muddy, just take the pad out and use bibshorts underneath!

andytherocketeer

Knee warmers ftw. Won’t catch me in tights, long or bibs.
    Only needed them in the snow.

Still wearing a thermal base layer though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On road yes but off road is different IME.

bhmartin
    Free Member

26c here in southern Spain so just right.2 weeks ago we were still in tights so know what it is like.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Just ordered a new pair of 3/4’s, hopefully I haven’t cursed the weather even more.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes and bought two more pairs quite recently – and used them!

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

you cursed it today, sportive over sally gap and wicklow gap in scutters of rain and wearing 3/4s. i just replied to your pm on mad forum a minute ago this thread reminded me .

TiRed

Bib 3/4 and long wool socks 8) . Perfect at the moment. I have some brutally thick Pearl Izumi wind and rainproof tights, but it’s too warm for them

Gary_M
    Free Member

Three quarters all through winter here, needs to be below -5 before I wear longs. I just don’t like having my legs fully covered.

scaredypants

I wear chaps for those in-between days

grum
    Free Member

As I have only the one pair of knees, I’ve been looking after them of late!

Dunno if this has been covered before, but is there actual evidence that riding in cold weather is bad for your knees?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

If the birdbath has ice, i wear tights.
    I’m still wearing them every ride

mogrim

Finally some decent weather in Madrid, 21C forecast tomorrow… Time to get the shorts out!

tomhoward

First proper ride on the new bike on Monday.

The world will be treated to a view of my pins. Albeit under 3/4 shorts.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

is there actual evidence that riding in cold weather is bad for your knees?

Dunno grum, but mine don’t like it much!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

The world will be treated to a view of my pins. Albeit under 3/4 shorts.

I’m hoping for this soon myself!

ontor
    Free Member

Investing in flippers down here in Devon. I can barely remember the fact that being dry and outside isn’t a fable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else still clinging on to their winter tights??’ is closed to new replies.