Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Anyone else sick to chuffing death of the constant wind..
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Rubbish on the bike, bloody pain at work, keeps waking me up in the night, and keeps lifting the lid off me **** hot tub!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’ll help clear the protein layer off the top of the water though.

midlifecrashes

Leave off the mince pies and sprouts and it’ll be gone by tomorrow lunchtime.

CheesybeanZ

Sprout Vindaloo , kill or cure .

sirromj

It’s only when the smell factor is higher than the amusement factor that I tyre off it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Great for windsurfing !!

So no, only get cheesed off with it when I ride home after 100k in the Downs…

It is Autumn after all…

Drac

Hasn’t been constant up here.

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

I thought it was spring, my daffs just came out and the grass needs cutting again!!!

rOcKeTdOg

Calm & quiet on the ride home tonight

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Calmest day of the week here, only 15-20mph winds, bit of a pain out on the road bike but at least rideable. Gusts of 50mph yesterday and tomorrow, went out on Monday and got blown all over the road, and that was only 40mph, so my plans for the Festive 500 are all over the place.

Tomorrow will be the fifth time this winter that I’ve had to cancel a planned ride because of high winds!

singletrackmind

Had my best month of windsurfing for as long as I can rememeber . Binned of road riding as its simply too dangerous near the coast.

Was out for 2 hours on Sat and 3 on Sunday and it was really very good.

New Years Day is looking tasty on the long range ( F 10 )

mattyfez

Protein layer… He hehe!

On a bike, try and see it as a positive.. Builds more muscle, helps with balance, and core muscle.. It’s just a different kind of training! What’s not to like?

joat

At least you’ll get a tailwind at some point on a ride. When it’s still, it’s always a headwind!

somafunk

Just drove home from dumfries along the A75 (westbound), i was following a high top sprinter van and he was following a HGV (trying to overtake it at every opportunity despite the wind levels), the idiot in the sprinter overtook the HGV going up the Ram Hill passing lane just before Castle Douglas and when he pulled past the HGV and out of the windbreak the wind caught him and skated him right across the road into the soft verge/ditch on the other side of the 3 lanes – he was lucky there was no oncoming traffic otherwise it’d been a nasty crash.

#coolstorybro eh? 😉

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a headwind all the way to work and it must turn at some point in the day as I have a headwind all the way home too. Some days it’s constant and other days it’s gusting so badly it turns the handle bars. I see a few people on bikes coming in the opposite direction in the morning and on the night and think how lucky they are having a tail wind.

augustuswindsock

It’s the only weather I don’t like, but one consolation, it helps dry the trails!

breadcrumb

I can’t remember it being this windy for this long. We’ve moved to quite an exposed house and out seems to taking a constant battering.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Try living on the Isle of Man if you want to know what endless days of wind feel like

timba
    Free Member

The invisible hill…between that and the rain it’s been pretty dire

paladin

There may be more to come….

trademark
    Free Member

Second day of battering wind here in East Durham.
    Gusts are a bit iffy for road riding but it’s quite fun getting knocked from one side of railway line t’other.

Plenty of tree damage to bunnyhop.

Andy-R

Ramsey Neil – Member
    Try living on the Isle of Man if you want to know what endless days of wind feels like

It’s shit, basically – especially if you have to work out in it. Is it any surprise that I can’t be arsed to go out riding in it too?
    And then there’s the f**king rain, don’t start me on that…….

wilko1999
    Free Member

Jesus Mary and Joseph yes

martinhutch

It was even windy on the turbo last night. Blowing straight under the garage door…

It is starting to get a bit tiresome now.

Kryton57

…d keeps lifting the lid off me **** hot tub

#firstworldproblem

wilko1999
    Free Member

Not only is it directly impacting on my riding enjoyment when I do manage to get out, various sections of my fence have blown down. This means that when there is a slightly better window of weather for riding, I’m having to fix sodding fences instead.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Shows it dropping off tonight into tomorrow and settling till monday’ish if its any consolation.

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

I’m going to start windsurfing again – My upper body has disappeared since i stopped.

That will sure kill the breeze for the next two years!

jam-bo

I dunno, bagged a wind assisted KoM this morning…

chubstr
    Free Member

putting my fence back together at 1am soured the relationship I have with wind

DrP

Well I felt like a track champ overtaking cars along Worthing seafront on the fixie a few nights ago (tailwind). Then felt fresh as the wind blew me up the downs.
    Then cursed and swore like a northern housewife as I turned back into the wind, and nearly had my glasses and headphones blown off my beautiful sea-beaten face……

Curse you weather people making it so windy….

DrP

mrblobby
    Free Member

Very. On pretty much every road ride for months now.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else sick to chuffing death of the constant wind..’ is closed to new replies.