Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else seen a Pine marten at Laggan Wolftrax ?
  • Davesport

Spotted what I thought was a Pine Marten twice now at Laggan. Once in July then again in September. It was about half way along the northshore section at the end of the lower red route.

I was on my own the first time. On the second occasion I was with my little lad & mentioned to him at the start of the timber section that I’d seen this thing not long ago. It appeared in exactly the same spot about ten metres in front of me then vanished before the lad caught up.

Anyone spotted anything ? I might need to go & get my eyes checked 😆

D.

Bu99er….posted in wrong part of forum.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No but I saw one along the south shore of Loch Shiel & another near Inverailort!

Beady eyes!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Not at Laggan, but around the Witches Trails at relentless I had one follow me up a hill for about 10 metres in the dark. It was pretty cool.

druidh
    Free Member

Near Fort William…

Evening visitor by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

They love sweet food. We ended up trickling honey along the windowsill so they would stay there for a while instead of grabbing the treats and running.

sweepy
    Free Member

They are gorgeous creatures, and its a privelidge to see one.
    Both times ive seen one it was a result of it being hit by a car, which does rather take the shine off.

geoffj

There are recorded sightings in the area:

http://data.nbn.org.uk/interactive/map.jsp?srchSp=NHMSYS0000080190

So I wouldn’t be surprised to see one there.

Clink

Both times ive seen one it was a result of it being hit by a car, which does rather take the shine off.

I saw two chasing each other north of Knoydart – was so intent on watching them I put my car in the ditch. 😳 Locals were very understanding!

banginon

They leave wee stinky poos on the lips of the jumps and rollers at Abriachan 😮

yodagoat
    Free Member

They look a bit like Jed eh? We’ll maybe get a chance to see them when the snow clears a wee bit.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Quite common in the central belt. Seen quite a few in Torwood and near Stirling.

Naranjada
    Free Member

I spent a truly dreadful night camped at a midge-infested bog of a wooded campsite just outside Kyle of Lochalsh in the late 90s on the promise that I’d be likely to see one of these wee fellas. Yep, you guessed it …not a peep!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else seen a Pine marten at Laggan Wolftrax ?’ is closed to new replies.