Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone else seeing rucks of Ladybirds?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Have they been getting extra-jiggy in the decent weather lately? I’ve counted into double figures so far today.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Apparently, the collective noun for them is a ”loveliness”. Ahh, that’s sweet.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

was just going to ask about the ‘rucks’ bit!

but yes have seen a loveliness of ladybirds around of late.

docgeoffyjones

I was not lovely getting them out of my car. They all collected around the door seals so when i loaded the kids in they swarmed in. there must of been at least 50 in the car!!

canopy
    Free Member

annual thing, they head for the warm of indoors at around this time of year.

had the first one in the office yesterday

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Rucks = Shropshire term for lots.

core

Rucks means the same south of Ludlow too Jim, only about 20 mins mind……

It drew me in more than the ladybirds!

devash
    Free Member

They start to congregate in big collectives inside around this time of year.

DezB
    Free Member

Had a brown one in the car earlier. My son insisted it was poisonous and threw it out the window 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

I grew a hop plant in the garden this year, when I was picking the flowers for a mate what brews beers, I found it utterly covered in Ladybird larvae, many of which got decanted into the polytunnel There will be no aphids in my polytunnel!

GolfChick
    Free Member

yep millions of the blighters, they seem to congregate around my bike shed currently, I counted 21 inside it the other day. They dont bother me but I kind of feel like they should be out buzzing around!

jimmy

Two giant ones in our house

fifeandy
    Free Member

None round here, they probably froze or drowned sometime around June/July

prawny

There was one on my bosses head earlier, she was freaking out so I got rid. I’m expecting a decent payrise

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else seeing rucks of Ladybirds?’ is closed to new replies.