Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone else see the car parked half way up the roman rd from hope today?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Blue Fiat half way up the roman rd after a blind corner!! Parked up as owners had gone a walk by the looks, anyone know anything different or see it?

LoveTubs
    Free Member

No, but both myself and my lads had difficulty crossing the M1 today, you know , the section that runs up past Stanage High Neb!!

Yes, I unequivocally hold 4×4 drivers and ‘Green Lane-ers’ under the same moronic umbrella! ….ever since I observed a group of these F-wits happily ripping down a dry-stone wall to use as grip under their poorly equipped off-road heaps of junk.

Yes, I’m qualified to make that statement on the grounds of being well educated, having raced at school boy level and having driven off road for over 12 years, all over the world, with a rather chic government department….and never once had to rip anything down.
    Garage owning, petrol headed morons.

QED

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Here is a pic:

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is it stolen?

ojom
    Free Member

jeepers. that's odd. Nice blocking of trail for other access.

Once, a good few years back, a mate an me came across a car jammed between a fence and a wall on the Fife Coastal Route. This is a cycling and walking path.

The driver was completely at a loss as to why they were stuck….
    we offered the response that it was not designed for cars and they insisted the map they had said it was the main coast road across fife…

We helped push them free to the next access point the RAC could reach and identify as they had nuked the clutch into orbit.

The mind boggles.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

If they had parked it a bit further over at least it would have stopped the motorcyclists!

duntstick
    Free Member

They may have been caught short and had to go for a wild dump in the ferns. I doubt they'd have jumped up and down shouting "Cooeeeeeeeeeee" 😀

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

its probably broken down, it is a fiat!

Stu_N

Too old to be a hire car, so can't think of an explanation why they are up there.

Saw a bloke in an Astra a couple of years ago at the top of Pistachio Way (just at the end of the woods before the top gate) – no idea what he was doing there or how he got out. He was looking at a road atlas as I passed him. 🙂

sas
    Free Member

Should've wheel-clamped it.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Not stolen – was driven up by a family about ten mins before i got there apparently. Properly "parked" also not just abandoned

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

I don't know the roman road at all, but if there was any gradient to it, I'd have gone up the track a bit, turned around, bombed past it and showered it with a few loose rocks from my back tyre.

That'll teach 'em 😉

*I am, of course, not seriously suggesting it….

StuE
    Free Member

My TomTom as on more than one occasion tried to take up bridleways, some drivers seem to follow them come what may

racing_ralph
    Free Member

ZaskarCarbon – Member

I don't know the roman road at all, but if there was any gradient to it, I'd have gone up the track a bit, turned around, bombed past it and showered it with a few loose rocks from my back tyre.

That'll teach 'em

*I am, of course, not seriously suggesting it….

it is a great down hill that is fast and loose, the space to the right was wide enough just to get a bike through comfortably but not really at speed.

jackthedog
    Free Member

That road is the only route for Mountain Rescue to get the Land Rover up onto Win Hill. Nice work.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

they can also use jaggers clough etc to get up onto win hill

18bikes

a customer yesterday reported running into the driver as he headed up. the quote-

"last time i trust the sat nav"

?!

jackthedog
    Free Member

they can also use jaggers clough etc to get up onto win hill

Oh, okay. All's well then.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Why are some people so stupid – he had an AA road atlas on the passenger seat also!

BadlyWiredDog

The idiot's blocking the passing space, I had to reverse my Golf all the back up to the top. People eh… Wonder how and where he turned round, three point turn up there anyone?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

reverse all the way down probably BWD

BadlyWiredDog

Or straight on over the top and down The so-called Beast..

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I've no idea where this is, but even if there is another way for Mountain Rescue it's no good if they didn't know some dumb ass has parked up until they get there!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else see the car parked half way up the roman rd from hope today?’ is closed to new replies.