Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Anyone else sacked off riding today?
  • carlos
    Free Member

Have the day booked off with the intention of getting a couple of jobs done first thing, then a few miles locally before meeting up with the usual crowd for tonight’s ride and pre Christmas curry. Needless to say I’ve sacked off going out alone.

So instead I’m going to clean the house and get some brownie points booked in. Not even close to being in my top 10 things to do on a day off, but sometimes these things have to be done.

Still going out later though.

Hope tomorrow’s a better day.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

at work 🙁

So no ride today.

Normal club ride for me tonight :-)))

nickwatson
    Free Member

at work 🙁

So yep, cycled in today. Looks like a headwind for the way home though.

Clobber
    Free Member

Yep, we had a group ride involving 10 pubs and circa 25miles, everyone is crying off due to weather, so we have re-arranged to 1 pub and 0.5miles

(same overall duration obviously…)

Pieface

Working today. Ran in, run home. Its more tolerable in the rain than rid.ing

chakaping
    Free Member

Time to set the turbo trainer up again I think.

jekkyl

Yup, was going to go up Cannock but saw the weather report and went out for a local night ride last night & spent all morning in bed.

simmy
    Free Member

Been shopping on the bike and it was a struggle loaded up against a head wind so looks like turbo time after.

Still rather go shopping on the bike than the car though despite the weather, so much easier.

carlos
    Free Member

Clubber – I really like your thinking. It’s great when planned rides are flexible and everyone’s still happy

tang
    Free Member

Had a free morning to ride. Wimped out to a turbo session.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Went out yesterday for a longer one, so binned today off. I’ll be out tomorrow and Christams day though! 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

If its not cold enough to freeze the drink in my camelback then I’m still gonna ride.
    Although comedy losing of front end on wet grass and landing foot in a foot deep puddle wasn’t fun….was even less fun 20 mins later when I couldn’t feel my foot. All good fun though

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was going to test ride road bikes today. That’s not happening.

wiggles
    Free Member

Did consider giving into the weather but not had chance of a decent ride in a while so went and did a short ride on the new trail at afan. Was very wet and windy and my shoes have about 6litres of water in them but glad I went.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, binned it off.. It’s proper crap weather out there at the minute.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

W**king today. But at least I’m at home on the sofa. 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Member
    Normal club ride for me tonight :-)))

Where do you guys head out from Dave?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

W**king today. But at least I’m at home on the sofa

I hope that’s working on the sofa??

breadcrumb

I’m hoping to head out tomorrow but its looking proper grim.

JCL
    Free Member

Looks better tomorrow. I’ll be the guy shouting STRAVA around Swinley.

brassneck

Was going to do my traditional Eve cycle in to work, but might have to can that if this continues, it’s a bit mental out there, street furinture flying about etc.

ahsat

Yes – after getting wet, cold and muddy yesterday, we couldnt face another even wetter, winder day! Day of baking now!

mrmo
    Free Member

made the call that 17miles riding home into predicted 40mph gusting headwind with no shelter wasn’t worth it. Dark rain wind, pick two and I don’t tend to mind, all three….

adsh
    Free Member

Designated driver at 2 drinks do’s tonight 🙁 but planninged on a 5am long mtb loop tomorrow to make up for the enorced abstinence but don’t like being in the woods in high winds.

Kieran

Yup, group of us from all over the south of England supposed to meet at Afan at 10am. Think we made the right decision to postpone it….

weeksy

I’d not planned on riding as such, but ordinarily as i’m at home i’d have gone out.. but… nah… I’ve been dirty 4 times in the last week… today… i’m not having it.

Houns

Never mind riding, I’ve sacked off the pub

onehundredthidiot

Was going to but was icy roads this morning and driving rain this afternoon. Think I’ll bleed the brakes then a roller session.

argee

It’s getting depressing, had the cold, so no riding in the last fortnight, and due to the weather i’ve just not bothered taking the bike out in the last two days as the local trails are completely soaked, so not that enjoyable this time of year. I’ll go out tomorrow around the local bridleways and more weather proofed trails, boring but at least they can sustain riding this time of year.

flashes
    Free Member

working, but I don’t like riding in the rain……………..

beefheart
    Free Member

Did a 12 mile slog into a headwind this morning.
    I’m hoping to ride back at 50mph.

njee20
    Free Member

Hopped on the turbo here.

IanW
    Free Member

30 mph southerly, KOM time!

xterramac
    Free Member

Was going to break my rule and ride on the road before Jan 1st(at the earliest) today. Thankfully the weather has allowed for much coffee and merriment instead and the road bike remains safely locked down until new year. Winter is about mud and surf for me, not road grimness.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Our 8 storey office block is now literally swaying in the wind. Quite unpleasant – bit of a seasick feeling going on.

I am not sure a bike ride would be a good idea.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I hope that’s working on the sofa??

Let’s just say it’s all in hand and I hope to fire it out the door before end of play. 😉

Dylan08
    Free Member

Cold commute in today! Taking the scenic route home (offroad mud plugging fun) through the woods! 🙂

senorj

I was going to , but manned up. 😯
    Did a few miles up & around whinlatter ,until my “waterproof” gloves failed.
    The last couple of miles & particularly the descent to bass lake were character building.

mcnultycop

I went out on the new road bike this morning. I had to pedal down a decent hill just to move. Not fun at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else sacked off riding today?’ is closed to new replies.