Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone else riding a Trek Mamba?
  • aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

not much else to say really. just wondering if anyone else has got one and what their thoughts were….
    can’t quite make up my mind whether I like mine or not.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I dont know how they ride but LBS have sold 10 already.Great value for money.No help i know. 😆

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

interesting to hear. got mine from LBS June 2011 on the bike to work scheme, was pretty much the only 29er under 1K, and I’m not all up to speed on whats hot or not. seems pretty good, bit heavy and short handle bars though…

belugabob
    Free Member

I have a Trek Marlin which uses the same frame as the Mamba.
    In January 2011, I test rode the top of the range Trek 29er – the Paragon – and loved the way that it rode. The only problem was that it had SRAM shifters, which I just can’t get on with, so I bought the cheapest bike in the range, to get the same frame, then replaced the basic (but functional) kit with the parts that I wanted…

[list][*]Full SLX Drive train
    [/*][*]SLX Brakes[/*][*]Manitou Tower Pro 29er forks[/*][*]Wider bars[/*]
    [/list]

…and I now have a very nice bike that just eats the miles and rolls over things in a most confident manner.

All for a significant amount less than the Paragon, too.

😀

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Are they ‘great value’? £700 for the 2013 model with Alivio. Is this what £700 gets nowadays?

johnnystorm

Alivio is what Spesh gave you for a grand with “darts” on their 2012 Carve. All things are relative!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I think so after the shop gives you 10% off.You get rockshox forks/Hayes disc brakes all for £630.Just think my first race bike in 1991 was a Specalized team pro £1000 for rim brakes and rigid forks.Came with sun-tour pro and well dodgey rear mechs and crap brakes.Glad things have moved on alot 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else riding a Trek Mamba?’ is closed to new replies.