• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone else ride a Bianchi Sempre?
  • Kryton57

Just interested – do you find it

a) Comfortable
    b) The equivelent of sports suspension (you can feel the road but it doesnt beat you up)
    c) Uncomfortable

?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m debating between the sempre and a madone,

I had a go on the sempre and infinito, infinito was more comfortable. But i’m after something a bit more “racey” and the sempre was a great ride.

It was the ultegra one I had a blast on.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

i do, and i like it a lot. it feels like they all do though, i can’t say i’ve ever sat on a carbon bike and felt that it was particularly more comfortable than any other one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

INteresting Jeffcapeshop.

The reason for asking is my “old” bike is last years Trek 1.5 – my new one is the Sempre Ultegra.

For sure its faster, racier and better handling, kit etc, but after reading reviews I was suprised to feel not as big a “comfort” differential as I was expecting, In fact the front end has more virbration. I can though, tell the difference when putting the power down, its not as bendy as the Trek.

Just wondering then whether my expectation of a carbon frame is too high.

They are the only two road bikes I’ve owned btw.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

maybe i’m just not particularly fine tuned to the differences – it feels fine. i haven’t noticed significant vibration but that doesn’t mean there’s not more than on something else.
    It’s perhaps a little much to expect it to be hugely “comfortable” if it’s also faster/racier/etc, but i can certainly ride it for long periods of time without issue. imo that’s probably more to do with fitting (not that i have ever been professionally fitted mind) than much else.

my main advice for comfort would be better bib shorts.

Kryton57

I was fine with the general stuff Jeff, rode 133k with no issue on my second ride on the Sempre with just some slight left shoulder pain from the different position.

It wasn’t uncomfortable by any means. Just not as “different” as I expected thats all. I think I expected a “dulling” of the smaller bumps (imagine a rough road surface) which didn’t materialise.

aP
    Free Member

The only review I’ve seen – took about 10 seconds to google and read it – says they have a firm ride.
    As a matter of interest – what was wrong with “last year’s” bike?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else ride a Bianchi Sempre?’ is closed to new replies.